[BUG] Build #423, Multi-world support broken

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by ShadowDrakken, Feb 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

ShadowDrakken

CraftBukkit Build #423 (MC 1.3)

With Bukkit's multi-world support, if the plugin makes a call to generate a world that already exists in the old (pre-1.3) format, Bukkit is overwriting the existing world by regenerating it instead of converting the existing world to the new format.

2. Offline

OkinKun

EDIT: Nevermind, I've figured out it was something else which was causing my problem. BackupPlugin was auto-running the c10t mapper program, and I think that's what caused this/my issue.
    Carry on. lol

Is this why there was a file in my Bukkit folder called SWAP.BIN (or something close to that) that kept getting larger and larger? By the time I noticed that file, it was around 24GB.

3. Offline

ShadowDrakken

hrm, no... I don't have a swap.bin at all...

The problem is, plugins such as MultiVerse only have a single function they can call to load/create worlds. It's the same function to do either, and that function is not checking to make sure if the world already exists in the old format and run the update as appropriate. Instead it assumes since there's no new format world there, that it needs to generate it from scratch.

I use NetherGate as well :\
    usually swap files are part of the OS... I'm not sure which plugin might be creating its own

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2016
  4. Offline

OkinKun

Well, all I know is that something weird has happened after I updated Bukkit, and it created a swap file that just kept getting bigger.
    I have no idea what it could be.. Sorry for hijacking this thread, I assumed it might be something to do with multiworld conversion.

I'll go do more troubleshooting.

EDIT: OK, disregard what I said before..
    It seems that the c10t map cartographer, which was being autorun by BackupPlugin, seems likely to blame. Not positive, but it's my most likely candidate for causing the issue.

5. Offline

montymintypie

Multi world support works fine, you just need to force it to convert the map.

Shut down your server
    Edit server.properties
    Set level-name=(name of your nether world folder)
    Set hellworld=true
    Save server.properties
    Launch Bukkit
    Wait for conversion to finish
    Close bukkit
    Reset settings to original.

Just tried it then, my portals are all good! You can do this with as many worlds as you want, just make sure if it's not the nether, set hellworld=false.

6. Offline

ShadowDrakken

You have to remove the multi-world plugin to use that method... the problem is in the API call that multi-world servers use, the API call IS bugged. Just cause you can hack around the bug doesn't mean it's not a bug.

7. Offline

montymintypie

Yes, the API call is broken, but there's a workaround. Just so in the mean time you can use your server fully :\

8. Offline

ShadowDrakken

*nods* I copied the worlds over to my singleplayer folder, converted them there, then moved them back XD
    glad I always make backups before upgrading :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.