Boolean onCommand dont work

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by ArsenArsen, Jul 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

ArsenArsen

Hello! I have been making new plugin. I did all good ant then, i started on server. Plugin enabled sucessfully, but when i do command, nothing happend, just say usage: from plugin.yml
    onCommand boolean
    Log is having no errors!

2. Offline

Plugers11

This is your main class or implements commandexecutor ?

3. Offline

ArsenArsen

Main class
    public class Main extends JavaPlugin

4. Offline

Plugers11

ArsenArsen
    Maybe use : command.getName().equ...("cmd"){

5. Offline

ArsenArsen

work just tentmod aka tm command

6. Offline

mactown21

ArsenArsen if your trying to make a tm aliases just add this

command.getName().equals("tentmod") | command.getName().equals("tm")){

and make sure you add aliases in your plugin.yml under the command tentmod.
    or, you can add a new command to the plugin.yml. Either one works.

7. Offline

xTigerRebornx

mactown21 No need to do that, Command#getName() would return 'tentmod' if an alias was used.

8. Offline

mactown21

9. Offline

xTigerRebornx

mactown21 ....what? Telling people that ' x is the problem and y is the solution ', when its not true and is only telling the user to do something that won't solve the problem properly matters a lot. If you go around teaching bad habits, those habits will spread.
    ArsenArsen Use Command#getName() instead of the alias, it supports every alias for the command and is the more "proper" way to do it.

10. Offline

ArsenArsen

I think it cus i did if(args.length == 1){
    if(args.length == 2){

May be problem, i moved and dont work, i think its cuz if sender instanceof Player

11. Offline

mactown21

xTigerRebornx Im not fixin the problem to his solution, he was saying if his problem is fixed he might add an aka tm as an alias of tentmod.

12. Offline

xTigerRebornx

ArsenArsen There are a few things I noticed:
    You are comparing Strings with ==, you should be using String#equals() instead.
    Your check for if there are 2 arguments is inside the check for if there is 1 argument, meaning it will never reach that point (You seemed to have noticed this)

There may be a few things that I am missing, but it looks like a great start minus the above things and anything else that may be pointed out by others.

13. Offline

ArsenArsen

does args.length need == or equals?

14. Offline

Necrodoom

args.length returns int. Look up java tutorials for primitives.

ArsenArsen and AdamQpzm like this.
  15. Offline

hankered

xTigerRebornx
    I thought the proper way to do it was to use plugin.yml

16. Offline

xTigerRebornx

hankered Proper way to do what? Adding aliases, yes, use the plugin.yml. But in your onCommand(), using Command#getName() will count for both the actual command and its alias, whereas using the command label will not.

17. Offline

ZodiacTheories

ArsenArsen

Because args.length returns an int. So, if you did System.out.println(args.length); - The output would be a number. However, you are doing if(args[0[ == "example") - but that doesn't return a string, .equals() or .equalsIgnoreCase() does

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.