Boatsplosion

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by locutus, Jun 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

locutus

Linux 2.6.26-2-amd64 #1 SMP Tue Jan 25 05:59:43 UTC 2011 x86_64 GNU/Linux
    java version "1.6.0_22"
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_22-b04)
    gij (GNU libgcj) version 4.3.2
    Bukkit 860
    01:56:12 [INFO] Plugins: Factions, godPowers, BukkitHTTPD, MoveCraft, BMR, PreciousStones, iConomyChestShop, Permissions, PetitionPlugin, Flight, WorldEdit, SpyerAdminCommands, MapClone, PorteCoulissante, AppleTree, NoSpawn, uQuest, CommandBook, DropSpawners, Citizens, MCStats2, WormholeXTremeWorlds, SpyerFun, JackBeNimble, CaptureMe, SpyerAdmin, RetractableBridge, MonsterHunt, iConomy, WorldGuard, MyHome, DropChest, HeroicDeath, FireLord, FishPeople, AncientGates, WormholeXTreme

I've got major CPU usage like 70% with just me on the server. I've got 7 more cores, but bukkit doesn't multithread very much. 6 players results in around 90%-110% cpu usage, and a fair bit of lag. This is not a network issue, as I get the lag while on a LAN with the server. top normally reports that I am using only a gig or two of memory, out of 8 Gb.

I've noticed that I can /remove a whole pile of items and boats. It seems that it's proportional to the amount of area my players are spread over. The quantities vary form a few thousand to 100k, every few hours or so.

Once, while cruising around in an airship, I saw an explosion of boats on the water; five boats going in different directions. other players have reported a similar occurrence, and yesterday, I found a huge areas covered in jostling boats. Is there a way to find out which plugin is causing this? I can't start removing plugins to figure it out, as this is a production server with a playerbase.

bump

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.