Blocks reset after a certain time

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by IridiumElement, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Offline

IridiumElement

Hey guys,

I'm looking for some advise on a plugin that I'm not sure exists. I am looking for something to keep track of blocks similar to Logblock, but a players changes to the world only persist for an adjustable amount of time (say 15~20 minutes) and then reset to there original state. It may be possible with some fancy scripting with the VariableTriggers plugin, but I figured I'd check if there was a plugin meant to do this specific thing.

2. Offline

Chrono7

For some reason this sounds really cool to me. I would definitely do this with a dedicated plugin, and a database is the way to go when you are tracking a lot of block changes. I might consider this one.

Now, would it only revert block place/destroys, or are you looking to handle more types of block changes?

3. Offline

IridiumElement

I was thinking of just resetting block place/destroys. The reason for my thinking was using in on some sort of treasure hunt map that systematically removes any traces of a player being there after a certain amount of time as to not give clues to other players. What other block changes can happen that would leave a trace, assuming tnt, fire, and mobs were disabled?

Also, for simplicity's sake, would it be easier to just write something that hooks into logblock's API?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2016
  4. Offline

Chrono7

In my opinion, no. The whole timer function would have to be written from scratch, and LogBlock is waaaay more complicated and feature-packed than this, hooking it probably wouldn't do a whole lot of good.

5. Offline

IridiumElement

Ah ok, I'm no java developer so I really have no clue lol.

6. Offline

RingOfStorms

7. Offline

IridiumElement

With that plugin, do you know if it will rollback placed blocks? I can't quite tell from the documentation.

8. Offline

RingOfStorms

Not sure if that plugin does, haven't gotten close up and personal with it. I know there is a very very similar plugin that does areas places and broken regens.

If mineralmanager doesn't search a bit for the other one.

9. Offline

IridiumElement

10. Offline

gamalamin1

11. Offline

Geekola

Fwiw, I am just completing a zone reset plugin that works on timers. Also resets entities, spawns, etc... Should have a release this week.