Solved Blocks not dropping items in One world out of Five

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Landscrape, Mar 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Landscrape

When I break a block, any block, it will not drop items.
    I have read all plugin documents and config files and can not find solution.
    The world I am having issues with is 2.02 gigs in size, is this a issue.
    The same server is running 4 other worlds with multiverse.
    Plus the nether and the end all worlds are affected.

My server is running CraftBukkit version git-Bukkit-1.4.7-R1.0-46-gaaa580b-b2686jnks (MC: 1.5) (Implementing API version 1.5-R0.1-SNAPSHOT)
    With these plugins.
    WorldBorder, WorldEdit, SpawnX Reborn, SignLift, Vault, War, Multiverse-Core, PermissionsEx, WorldGuard, ProtectionStones, CoreProtect, TARDIS, Lockette, Modifyworld, Lift, Essentials, Citizens, ChatManager, TARDIS, EssentialsProtect, EssentialsSpawn, Multiverse-Portals, SetRankPEX, EssentialsAntiBuild, EssentialsChat, Factions

I have checked all config files, can not find a setting.

Is there a setting for permissionsex i missed or can add.
    I thought it could be permission, but cant find it, Have read up and tried all but still no work.

Please someone help me with this.

2. Offline

TnT

Moved to Bukkit Help.

3. Offline

PolarCraft

Can we have you server log and permissions file please?

As i said Can we have you server log and permissions file please?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2016
  4. Offline

Landscrape

Yes i uploaded them with the reply to your post. Do you want them in here?

5. Offline

PolarCraft

Yes because i do not see anything in that at all to be honest.

I ment in a pastebin :D
    http://pastebin.com/

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

6. Offline

Landscrape

If you would like to log into server it is at 172.222.151.167
    Let me know i will op you and promote you.

7. Offline

PolarCraft

Can you edit your post and paste the log and permissions in a pastebin please.

8. Offline

Landscrape

9. Offline

PolarCraft

So are you using PermissionsEx?

10. Offline

Landscrape

Yes i am

11. Offline

PolarCraft

12. Offline

Landscrape

Ok thats different, sry didnt help though.

13. Offline

PolarCraft

Well get rid of SpawnX Reborn, EssentialsAntiBuild. SpawnX is a spawning plugin which essentials already does. And essentialsAntiBuild can be effecting your building and drops.

14. Offline

Landscrape

OK ill try, thanks for your attention.

15. Offline

PolarCraft

No problem just helping out people :D

16. Offline

Landscrape

Nope, didn't help.
    I can goto my survival world and items drop, just no item drop in my main world, nether or end.

17. Offline

PolarCraft

Get rid of modifyworld and use multiverse only.

18. Offline

Landscrape

Could it be problem with the world itself.
    I failed to mention this world has been around since Minecraft beta, been building it for over two years

19. Offline

PolarCraft

OH god....

20. Offline

Landscrape

Really, seams to work fine, hehe except that, UGH

How do you think I have a world that is 2+ gigs, been building it for quite a while, works great for me, i always in creative. Other users complaining on my live server, this is my dev server. Anyhow if it is the world, any suggestions on how to copy it and upgrade?

This started happening when i installed the christmas updates, worked till then.

21. Offline

PolarCraft

Well since you have been building the file size increases. And your file goes to 2gigs thats from the 2years of work.

22. Offline

Landscrape

Knowone complains on the dev server because they all have creative. We are trying to deploy the world to a live ranked environment to let the kids play. We aall like to create, thats how the world got so big, for so long.

I'm not having drive or cpu issues, like i said i can goto the survival world and all works fine. Do you think it is the old block data, or file size that causes the issue.

23. Offline

PolarCraft

As i said over time your files will increase due to the lag of the building generation.

24. Offline

Landscrape

I understand that, my 8 drive raid 10 array has no problem accessing the data. The server runs quite good. Even the vmware server is running good, no lag issues. Currently there are 10 players on the live vmware server. I have been going on the assumption that it is a endless world. I have added memory CPU and drive speed to compensate. Have you heard of any software limits to the size that may cause this issue.

I suppose backing up the world and removing all plugins would be a good test. Time to debug, adding in one plugin at a time till it breaks. If it works at all. Maybe I should just load it into a vanilla minecraft server to see what it does.

I'll give you an update if I figure out anything.

In the meantime if you like you can check out a google zoomable map of the work we have done. Http:\\minecraft.ontop.net that address is also the live server address for minecraft game. Also the dev server at 172.222.151.167 also has website on same address, just use google chrome to view the zoomable maps. I use Overviewer to create the maps.

25. Offline

PolarCraft

Well if you want to limit the world generation you could get world boarder.

26. Offline

Landscrape

I'm sad, doesnt even work in single player. I guess it is time to create blank world and see if I can copy our build into it.

I guess it is not an unlimited world like advertised.

I run world border, I set it to 5000 x 5000, but i build outside it to make zoomable map look cleaner.

I guess i'll keep this world so when minecraft updates i will not loose the clean land. I can use world border to shrink the world back to a smaller size. Someday I may be able to build bigger again, im not going to loose this build. I have not built anything else since I started playing this game. This is the first and last world, why build anywhere else.

27. Offline

PolarCraft

28. Offline

Landscrape

OK, Where do I do that. The problem has not been solved but the effort was very helpful. Not a problem with any plugins or configs. Still have not got an answer about cause. I shrank world to 1.5 gigs, still no fix. Wheres the button to close this thread, even though haven't got good answer about cause of problem, or a way to fix it.

Found the problem, I deleted the Level.dat session.lock and uid.dat files from world save directory. Thanks for your time in helping me narrow it down. World size or age not the issue. How do I close thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.