BlockDispenseEvent - Find out who activated the dispenser?

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Uniclaw, Dec 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Uniclaw

Hi!

Is there a possibility to find out who activated a dispenser in a BlockDispenseEvent? It's really urgent!

Greet

2. Offline

ChrisixStudios

Are you trying to figure out when the redstone is activate so it dispenses or find out who's items are in the dispenser

3. Offline

fireblast709

He tried to find out who toggled the dispenser (so like: who pressed the button or flipped the switch, that caused the dispenser to dispense)
    Uniclaw unless you want to backtrace redstone wires, without any adjecent pressureplates or levers its kinda hard/impossible

4. Offline

Uniclaw

Argh, that's pitty :(

I've made a Plugin wich use Dispensers, and i must check the activator if he has a permission :'(

5. Offline

ChrisixStudios

I have traced redstone with one of my plugins so it is not impossible. But it could slow down the server depending on how long your wire is.

6. Offline

fireblast709

I foresee infinite recursion... Say a = air, r = redstone
    rrr
    rar
    rrr

7. Offline

Uniclaw

The wire itself is not very long. But, what if i release the plugin, and another server make a long wire :/ ?

8. Offline

ChrisixStudios

This can easily be delt with keeping a record of what redstone was already seen and check if it happened again. This is why it is so slow.

Th amount of redstone it would need to go slow is around 50 or 100 in length depeding on how much memory the server is using.

9. Offline

Uniclaw

ChrisixStudios Okay :)! Btw.. can you post an example how to track the redstone, please D:?

10. Offline

ChrisixStudios

I don't remember exactly where it is but could I explain how to do it?

11. Offline

Uniclaw

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.