Block placement restrictions. 1.10.2

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by roracle, Aug 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

roracle

Plugin category: Fixes

Minecraft version: 1.10.2

Suggested name: DontPlaceThisOnThat
    For what it's worth I'm terrible at designing names for stuff, so feel free to use some license on this. lol

What I want: I'd like a plugin that allows a server owner to specify what block a player is holding, and if the block the player is looking at can accept the placement. If not, it doesn't let the player place it at all, and gives a message "No duping!" or "You cannot place that here!"

For example, rail dupe works with pumpkins and slimeblocks with some help from pistons. Though people like to disable rail pushing by piston, that messes up some unique ideas people have. Instead, if you deny a player from placing the rail on the offending "dupe helper block" in the first place, it will help to fix the bug.

Ideas for commands:

/dontplace add rail slimeblock : refuses placement of rail on slimeblock
    /dontplace remove rail slimeblock : removes refusal of rails on slimblocks
    (should use DV for other things in case more exploits come about that can be covered up with this)
    /dontplace reload

Ideas for permissions:

dontplace.admin : allows for the add command and a reload command

When I'd like it by: This honestly should have been done back in 1.7 days

IF THIS HAS BEEN DONE: why can't I find anything like it? Plenty of "can't place this or that block" but nothing about "can't place on specific blocks" kind of plugins.

Thanks for any help guys!

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
  2. Hmmmm....

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
  3. Offline

roracle

It would be really cool. People keep saying it's possible, but no one has wanted to code it yet. Let me know how it turns out. :)

4. Offline

ipodtouch0218

If @Jezzerdo4 doesn't do this, I could. What does place "on" mean. On top? On the sides as well i.e. signs? Under?

5. Offline

roracle

I would go with "on top" because that's the place where rails go and that's what the plugin is trying to cut off is the rail dupe bug. HOWEVER, I can see the future necessity for the side and bottom, so perhaps in the commands, one could specify like so:

/dontplace add rail slimeblock top
    or
    /dontplace add itemframe cobble side
    or
    /dontplace add sign water under

EDIT: On a side note, you could do the commands in "human speak":
    /dontplace rail on slimeblock
    /dontplace rail beside slimeblock
    /dontplace rail under slimeblock

And the "remove" would be /place rail <on/beside/under> slimeblock

6. Offline

ipodtouch0218

Also, the names would have to use the Bukkit Material Names (caps insensitive though)

@jazzboy12 I've seen you changed your message to "Hmmmm." You still going to make the plugin?

7. Offline

roracle

That's not an issue. I'm just "shorthanding" it. Also, I edited my previous statement.

8. Offline

ipodtouch0218

I don't really see a point in doing this. A simple help will make server owners understand.

9. Offline

roracle

True, it was only a suggestion. I'm into the "KISS" aspect of things. Though I don't use Skript, I enjoy how they "human speak" all their stuff. But yeah, do what you do, don't worry about my design decisions, we aren't Nintendo! lol :p

10. Offline

ipodtouch0218

@roracle Okay, for now, (just so it gets done faster) I'm just going to make it so that it only restricts placement from the top.

11. Offline

roracle

Sounds great! If you keep working on it past that, let me know, start a dev page or something [diamond]:)[diamond]

12. Offline

ipodtouch0218

@roracle Got my first test version out of the way, tell me if you find any problems
    EDIT: Don't use it, I found a bug with it and I'll fix it when I can

EDIT #2: Fixed a bug (you could place rails off the side of dirt onto slime)
    New feature: Pistons also obey the rules (including Slime Blocks).
    New feature: Detects placements on sides and under as well as top

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/981kzpyszjc8d1k/DontPlace.jar?dl=0

(I'm most likely going to make a BukkitDev page.)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(@bwfcwalshy There is a URL, which JarChecker will detect, but it's for Material Names ;p)

13. Offline

roracle

Awesome thank you so much! I'll have to test it out later, busy day lol

@ipodtouch0218

By default the config loads with "RAIL:" should be "RAILS:"; changing it made it work.

Also, I get this error in the console, using default settings for it in the config:
    [23:44:09 ERROR]: [DontPlace] A message in config.yml is invalid!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2016
  14. Offline

ipodtouch0218

15. Offline

roracle

Awesome, and for a release file, here's a good config for what is denied, and could probably be expanded on:

RAILS:
    - SLIME_BLOCK
    - PUMPKIN
    ACTIVATOR_RAIL:
    - SLIME_BLOCK
    - PUMPKIN
    DETECTOR_RAIL:
    - SLIME_BLOCK
    - PUMPKIN
    POWERED_RAIL:
    - SLIME_BLOCK
    - PUMPKIN