Bitcoin donations.

Discussion in 'BukkitDev Information and Feedback' started by Rasmase, Apr 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Rasmase

I just attempted to use "Edit donation info". Sadly, there was no option for bitcoin. Could you add it?

2. Offline

owenftw

I approve of this suggestion ^.^

3. Offline

RME

I will donate as soon as they accept Bitcoins

4. Offline

Lolmewn

People use that currency?!
    Nah, looks like a good idea :) I don't personally use it since generating them costs more than it gives, but I'm sure other systems will be better at that.

fromgate likes this.
  5. Offline

stuntguy3000

Bitcoins in general is a stupid idea, and is a waste of time and money.

6. Offline

Rasmase

Why are they a stupid idea? Give a reason, instead of sounding like an asshole.

7. Offline

Super User

Because there are only 10,000 or something that use BitCoins. The rest have shitty computers and can't mine well.

8. I haven't even heard of Bitcoin but apparently some people here use it so it would be cool if you could donate through that I guess, but could be a lot of work I suppose, because you need to set up everything on Bitcoin.

9. Offline

lol768

Is it so hard to paste your bitcoin address into your project description?

10. Offline

user_43347

Then why do we have a donate button in the first place? I might as well just paste my Paypal email in the project.

DrAgonmoray and TheBeast808 like this.
  11. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

With a link, you don't need to register. It's a major benefit to both parties (contributor and recipient) to present the donation option as a link to the paypal site with things set up to send money. With bitcoin, there is no need to provide this.

12. Offline

alqaedirection

Having Bitcoins doesn't mean that you mined them... Why do people always imply that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.