Solved Biomes gone wild

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Possible, Jan 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Possible

I'm not sure if it was the Update from #1774 to 1.1-RB1 this morning, or the unclean shutdown this afternoon, but my biomes are totally messed up.

No, it isn't the "taiga-change" which produced a lot of snow on updating from 1.0 to 1.1. This was already on updating from 1.0-R1 to #1774.
    Now something stranger happened:
    * an island complete created out of the ocean, now has biomes from desert over deserthills and river to beach
    * a desert which was very dry yesterday evening, now is a taiga biome with snow!

What may have this caused? Is there anything i can do to revert it? Will yesterdays backup revert this? Will that happen again?

Attached Files:

2. Offline

CainFoool

Unless you have a plugin which modified the biomes of your server; I do not think there is anything you can do other than check the WorldGuard settings and disable Snow Forming to fix the desert bug.

3. Offline

Possible

Well, i already learned from the 2 existing plugins to modify biomes, they can not affect the biomes displayed by the client. preventing snow with worldguard is one thing.
    But i don't like that grass, which was green yesterday, now is looking so depressing :/

It seems like the biomes have an other seed then the terrain :confused:

Edit: Well, i was right :D On the unclean shutdown this afternoon, the level.dat was corrupted. The gunzip-Errors in startup shouldn't be ignored ;) Restoring the level.dat solved the main problem. Need to remove the snow from the desert, but it will not reappear. And my gras is green again. :) Thanks to myself :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.