Biome territories/kingdoms

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Exone, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Offline

Exone

Basic idea
    Groups of players own one or more biomes, only they can build/destroy within it.

A leader claims a biome, and can moderate his/hers "Kingdom/town". Invite players, kick, banish.

Further more

Merging kingdoms and claiming more biomes.
    Either basic perm. nodes to decide what/how much you can claim or some sort of system.
    minimum amount of players until you can claim more land for example.

I know their was a plugin (Can't remember the name right now) that could identify biomes, (When you walked into one, "Desertbiome" was printed in the chat.
    I'm not a dev, but I guess something like that is needed?
    And I guess this is possible to dev.

I'll update this thread if someone finds interest in the idea.
    Also, as I stated above, I'm not a dev, but I'm good at graphics. Not that's it's needed, but a header is always nice.

Suggested features.
    Show Spoiler
    Show Spoiler
    Show Spoiler
    Show Spoiler

Terrain-claiming per biome.
    Creation of Groups/"Kingdoms"
    "Claiming-points" something alike what dralletje says below.
    Chat prefixes
    Ally/Enemy/Neutral stance to other kingdoms.
    "War-time" would be neat.

I have no idea where the empty "Spoilers" come from.

Exone of Theexmines.com

dralletje likes this.
  2. Offline

King Rat

I think this is actually a very good idea. Bukkit can get the biome for a location, but just returns the biome type, not one specific to the location. However, saving claimed biomes and such could be fairly simple. I could definitely imagine this working, but there are some problems faced :

- Starting a town/kingdom/protection plugin from scratch would be pretty simple, but would lack the features of more developed plugins.

- If everyone claimed the biomes within a say, 200 block radius, it could be difficult to travel between biomes, and could result in the world being clogged up.

3. Offline

dralletje

I like the idea!
    because claiming per chunk, which is way more simple to develop, is not simple for players.
    but claiming a biome, a region with a visible border, is more... visible.

But I was thinking, that there should be some limit.
    My idea was this:
    a Player joins, he wants to make a clan.
    He makes a clan. but he there are no other players in his clan :(
    He asks some players to join him. if he reaches the goal, 3 members or something configurable, a timer starts.
    If the clan still has 3 or more members it is verified.
    Only verified clans can claim a biome. this to prevent every people from protecting everything.
    If a clan loses a player, and he has now less then 3 members, the biome is not protected anymore.
    If a clan has 6 members, 3*2, he can claim 2 biomes.

I used 3 members as goal now, but for great server it will be configurable.

4. Offline

Exone

Thanks for clearing that up. :)

- I guess that's up to (hopefully) future dev. And yes it would. But maybe a fresh start is exactly what it needs.

-That could be a problem yes, didn't think about that.
    If possible a border of 5 blocks around each biome could be "freezone" (Would be great for roads and so on.)
    On the other hand, that's up for the server/players to solve. Build roads and so on could become very important.
    Also, as of now, I don't need this to be player-controlled. As my admins/mods/trusted players will manage the "kingdoms".
    But a "self-serving" system would be neat indeed.