Beware - MCBans.com may compromise your privacy!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by maystorm, Aug 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Firestar

ATM 3 ways to handle bans sharing
    Server network allows you to select what servers you want to get bans from,
    Server Groups allows the server to share bans with a group of servers
    Server ignore lists lets you ignore bans from a server, YES even mcbans.com server.

So yes there is an option for a circle of trust.

2. Offline

Drakia

Why would this get stickied? It's complete garbage ;)

3. Offline

ledhead900

It's also complete comedy ;)

4. Offline

Brain

Good to know. This information is either missing in the mcbans thread and in your wiki or I didn't notice skimming the documentation.
    Please feel encouraged to display functionality like this in prominent places. I would consider this a major selling point for mcbans.

Nevertheless I'm still bouncing around ideas for a decentralized system primarily based on individual trust between server operators. Sure, it comes with a bit more work for the individual operator, but it also means badguys have to whine and bitch at several people at the same time and I doubt many will have the energy and perseverance to do so. :)

5. Offline

Jonchun

This made my day. LMFAO. Maystorm... LOOL... I didn't know such an ignorant person could use such big words. Do you realize you even spelled "prove" as "proof" EVERY SINGLE TIME? lol.

edit: I'm definitely gonna keep using Mcbans from now on.

frej93 likes this.
  6. Offline

Firestar

I posted news on the Server Network on mcbans.com and it still is there, just a bit smaller, and has a how-to.

7. Offline

clone1018

Oh yes, I'm sorry /ban is so hard for you :(

8. Offline

erdrickk

LOL what a thread.....too funny. Some people take MC way too seriously. You know you need to take a break when you start threatening people with lawyers just because you were banned.

Maystorm - do yourself a favor and stay away from World8-4 You wouldn't last two seconds :p

Actually I've noticed that alot of griefers get butt hurt over McBans. They come on to your server acting all innocent then you do a /lookup and they have 14 bans for hacking etc... I usually question them for the lulz and they start raging saying their account was hacked or their brother was playing on their account etc.... /ban

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2016
  9. Offline

dxwarlock

I went one step further, back in hmod I changed the mcbans to broadcast the bans, the reason and count to the playerbase on join. if your innocent of them, or only one listed..no worries, no one thought different of you. logging with 10 bans, and everyone as a player kept an eye on you for the good of the server THEY play on.
    Im a fair admin by FAR, (usually too much) and rarely ban people unless its proven they are grievers or theives.
    but for may to declare that its illegal to ban someone without proof all I can say is:

as far as being "illegal' or 'violating your privacy'. my MC server is ran by me, of my own accord, with my own rules and stipulations on how it is ran. as its a privately ran server, being hosted on my own machine in my rack at my own expense of time and effort. A dickhead admin can ban you because he doesn't like the color of your characters socks, and he is in all rights justified and able to do so at his choice...asshole move? maybe, illegal? not at all.

.. in NO way does any laws apply to it usage, or denial of it. to say it does would be like calling the cops demanding its illegal I wont let you in my house because I don't like you.
    both are private property of the owner, and who has access to it is solely the owners discretion.

and as far as the post being made public, did you sign an agreement saying anything added to, typed, or supplied to the site would be confidential? or was you just assuming it was? ANYTHING you post on any site, unless otherwise stated in the agreement, can be public.just because the button is called 'private message' does not make that button a legal and binding contract on its confidentiality...
    can I make a button on my site called "you owe me your car" and if you click it, I can now say you're legally required to sign your car over to me? no.

frej93 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.