BetterDeath

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by BlockHeads36, Nov 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

BlockHeads36

Plugin category: Fun/RP

Minecraft version: 1.10

Suggested name: Better Death

What I want: When a player dies, they are put in spectator mode for 5 seconds and a zombie spawns where the player died with wearing the players head. This plugin also allows players to tp back to their death point. There is no You Died screen.

Ideas for commands:
    all players get this command
    /death > Teleports the player to where they died [If they died in water or lava they will not be able to use the command.] Command only works within 3 minutes of there latest death

- &cDeath &7● &fTeleporting you back to where you died...
    - &cDeath &7● &fYou have not died recently
    - &cDeath &7● &fYou already teleported to your recent death
    - &cDeath &7● &fYou died in lava or water, you cannot be teleported back!

DeadSpectator:
    Title: &cYou Died
    Subtitle: &7%seconds

When I'd like it by: Soon

2. Offline

jlin13

Should have this done in the next hour or so...

3. Offline

Skrubzy

If I could just request something:
    When the player types "/death <player>" They'll be teleported to the specified player's last death point - Useful for admins. You should also have permissions be required...Like you have to have "bdeath.death" to teleport to your last death point (/death) and "bdeath.death.others" to teleport to another player's previous death point.

I just thought of something else (You don't have to add any of this, I just keep coming up with ideas)
    The command "/deathlist <player>" will show the 5 most recent death points for the defined player, clicking on the messages will teleport you to the that location. Again, this would probably only be for admins - With the permission "bdeath.death.list" and if a player has the permission "bdeath.death.*" they'll have access to all of these commands/features. The list is ordered from most recent at the top, and least recent at the bottom.
    Code:
    Recent death locations for Skrubzy:
    1.) X = 215 | Y = 26  | Z = 230
    2.) X = 226 | Y = 37  | Z = 241
    3.) X = 237 | Y = 48  | Z = 252
    4.) X = 248 | Y = 59  | Z = 263
    5.) X = 259 | Y = 60  | Z = 274 

4. Offline

jlin13

5. Offline

BlockHeads36

@jlin13
    Bugs:
    - No title when you are dead
    - The player head was not on the zombie
    - and sometimes when you die a zombie villager, or baby zombie will spawn instead of a normal zombie

Also, can I change the messages in the config, thanks!

6. Offline

jlin13

Pushed an update v0.2b pending approval - Player heads have been added to zombies, more configurations including UseBabies, "LastDeathCause" is now logged in metadata so there is a potential for that to be used later, however right now I'm just using it for error handling (sending the water/lava error message), item handling is much better now, and in the future I'll be adding a spectator timer as a scoreboard as well as more configuration options.

No problem!

@Skrubzy
    I will be adding plenty of those administrative features to this plugin as soon as I implement the core features, thanks for the ideas!

7. Offline

BlockHeads36

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.