Better visibility of other players names

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by eraks, Apr 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

eraks

When I go exploring with a friend I often lose visibility to him and the standard players name tag is hard to see sometimes.

Is there a (server) plugin which makes the other players name tags more visible?

2. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@eraks It is client side as far as I know.

3. Offline

eraks

4. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@eraks We do plugins here, not mods.

5. Offline

eraks

Yup, I am aware. But no harm done in asking if you know of a mod, no?

6. Offline

teej107

Nope. No harm for us anyway but since we focus on plugins mostly, I am going to honestly say that I do not know of any mod. It'll be better for you to try a different forums that specializes in client mods.

timtower likes this.
  7. Offline

Poppycorn

Give the plugin Tablist Prefix a try. This plugin allows you to set a custom prefix or suffix above a player's head and in the tab list. To make the name tag more visible, set the name above the player's head to a bold bright color that stands out.

8. Offline

eraks

@Poppycorn I think you misunderstood.
    I dont want to edit the players list I get when I press the tabulator key. What good does that do?

Maybe something like {KEY} friend {friend} is X meters in {direction}. Possibly with the ascii arrow keys?!

9. Offline

I Al Istannen

@eraks
    From his post the plugin can change the "TAB" list, but also the name above the player's head. So you could have your name written in bold yellow/gold to be able to see it better.

Your idea is certainly possible too, but a bit more thinking is requiered. Maybe use a compass pointing to him at the same time?

10. Offline

eraks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.