Beta Testers wanted! Test a social networking plugin!

Discussion in 'WIP and Development Status' started by RjSowden, May 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

RjSowden

I've finished the beta version for bukkit's new social network, behold...
    Its like facebook, but instead of groups, servers running minebase have a page dedicated to them, and all the players who go on it can get a minebase account on-server, so no leaving minecraft to open a web-browser to sign up. Once signed up, they are logged in automatically on any other server they go on. From there, a network of server can be discovered on the site, and frequent status updates on player acivements/deaths/kills along with a hashtag to the server page (which contains live stats) - addressed by the server IP - mean that users can discover more servers and network inbetween them, aiding server discovery and increasing the net number of players
    Global statistics like total KILLS, DEATHS, XP, KD RATIO ect...are recorded, enabling server-wide or even global leaderboards are possible. Best of all, all the info is updated LIVE! Posts to minebase are done instantly, and server status updated (offline/online/ amt of players) are updated every 5 minutes.
    Servers can join the minebase site simply by adding the minebase.jar file to their servers plugin folder. A server page is created on the first start.
    WHERE DO YOU COME IN?
    Right now, minebase is a bukkit plugin in BETA. IT most likely has bugs or problems that I can't test because I'm strapped for time and a better computer. So I want YOU, the consumer to test this bukkit plugin and the MCBase site. Install the plugin, login to the server, create an account, kill another player, kill a sheep, die ect... and see if the status's and server appear on the site. If yes, GREAT! post here and say it worked. If it didnt work, BRILLIANT! I was right. Post the server log file and the issue and I can fix it, ready for full release. Before you do that, just comment here so I know how many people I got going for this. You can download the plugin HERE:

I'm expecting this to become a big thing, and if it does, i'll need moderators. Behave well in the beta testing and i'll make you one.

Thanks for all those willing to help:
    Richard Sowden, M6RIS

HON95 likes this.
  2. Offline

HON95

Sure, sounds fun I guess.

3. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

Moving to a more relevant forum.

4. Offline

RjSowden

Thanks. Thought it was, like, a "request". Sorry
    Cool. does it work?

http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/minebase/files/2-minebase-0-015/
    Put out a new version. This one has a better, more secure system (thanks to mbaxter on that!) as well as actually working unlike the last one, which just sat there and did not much (Thanks HON95 for pointing out the function ordering error!).

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.