Best way to watch monster movement?

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by nossr50, Jun 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

nossr50

Is there a good way to watch monster movement in bukkit? I was hoping for a monster/creature movement hook but it doesn't seem to exist.

2. Offline

Minecraft93

http://jd.bukkit.org/apidocs/index.html heres all the info u need to find a way to move entities :D

3. Offline

nossr50

I don't want to move entities, I want to watch their movement... in other words, when they move, I want to know about it.

4. Offline

IceReaper

i would like to know the same. how to watch when they move, and possibly prevent movement.

5. Offline

matejdro

Make a loop that loops through all entities in the world and check their location. You may store their location in HashMap and then compare it to see if they moved.

6. Offline

DrBowe

While I know this would work...I feel like it would be EXTREMELY inefficient and cause a lot of unecessary weight on the server.

However, I can't really think of another way to do it...
    Someone should make an issue and ask for an EntityMoveEvent

7. Offline

matejdro

Well, you can put it in separate thread to lift weight from server. But yeah, AFAIK there is no another way. I was looking for that too but then dropped searching and just went with previously mentioned solution.

8. Offline

IceReaper

guess going that way is actualy the only possible one.. *sigh*

9. Offline

WinSock

If you don't mind depending on another plugin, my plugin Crowd Control has the event built in that you can register and hook into.

Pencil likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.