Best Server Host?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by M4yhem, Aug 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

M4yhem

hi Guys
    well ive been working on my server none stop for a few months now and its been fine running on my home pc with only me and 1 or 2 others as we build but now its almost ready to be played im looking at buying a server plan but im not sure who i should go with with me being in the UK ive looked at creeper host witch looks ok but it would be good to get some feedback on off you guys on witch host you think is best to use or if not best just a good one thanks

2. Offline

jon_r12

use www.queztech.net
    its of course provides mutlicraft which your allowed to have hub server. Its really cheap its 5$ for 1gb of ram for 1 month. But you can pay 10$ for 2gb ram and 1 month 24/7, or pay 15$ for 3gb ram for 1 month host and so on.

the hoster also has skype: quezler and has twitter: @quezler

3. Offline

Jade

If you want total and complete control, I'd say get a VPS or Dedicated server (you can always upgrade.). Then you could keep your MC server, website, voice server (Mumble/Teamspeak/Vent/etc) all in one centralized place, with full control of it all.

When I do purchase VPS' and Dedicated servers, I generally buy them from AllGamer or RamNode.

AllGamer is an excellent host run by Clinton. The support is wonderful and simply a pleasure to work with.

I've not gotten to test RamNode as extensively, however the support I did need was solved with ease by their support team. ( lol768, care to write a better review?)

Overall, both services are excellent and are the only two places I purchase from.

Clinton and TheGreenGamerHD like this.
  4. Offline

M4yhem

Jade
    VPS? and so with one VPS Server I can have a wbsite and a mc serve all on it are the VPs servers costly a month?

5. Offline

ZeusAllMighty11

M4yhem

Not really too pricy. lol768 helped me out a bit setting up and stuff, and for a good price of a 1/2gb web server, it was $25 or so. Then of course domain name costs but aside from that, you could get a really nice one of you spent $100. It'd run everything you needed it to.

Otherwise if you only want a server, you can check out my friend's hosting site. http://potionhost.com

lol768 likes this.
  6. Offline

Jade

M4yhem Not much more than what you'd get from a Minecraft specific host.

7. Offline

Clinton

Thanks again Jade.

I can comment on RAMNode as I have a VPS from them and it runs great! I've also talked with Nick a lot in the past and he definitely cares about his business and keeping a great reputation. Overall RAMNode is a good company to work with.

Also if you're looking for a host specifically in the UK I highly suggest ClanSlots. I know the owner; Eoin and he is a great guy as well. He owns all of the hardware and actually has a network designed for gaming and very low latency. Good luck with your search and remember every host caters to different needs so pick the one that is best for you.

lol768 likes this.
  8. Offline

andrewabosh

9. Offline

lol768

I've been with RamNode for just over 10 months. The prices are excellent and my VPS has only gone down once (which was caused by an issue with SolusVM). I run an IRC bouncer, some small sites, my IRC bot on a 2GB SSD OpenVZ server in the netherlands. SSH/SCP is nice and fast and the support response times are great too. They have an IRC channel (#ramnode on esper) where people are happy to answer any questions. If you're interested, you may wish to use one of the coupons below:

For 15% off: RN15OFF
    For 20% off: RN20OFF
    For 33% off: TWEETDEAL
    For 33% off: IRC33
    For 35% off: LEB35
    For 35% off: VPSB35

Jade likes this.
  10. Offline

MediaChance

Santranico Hosting Ltd, are devoted to the provision of innovative hosting solutions. top hosting portfolio encompasses a broad variety of web hosting packages, which offer generous disk storage space and bandwidth quotas, domain name registration & transfer options, innovative Domain and Email Managers, multi-website hosting possibilities, as well as free-of-cost bonuses, among them a 1-click PHP applications installer and a web site building tool. All accounts can be easily administered via our multi-language web hosting Control Panel. A 24-7 customer support service is offered as well.

partner with a first-class Data Center situated USA in downtown Chicago ( Illinois) , United Kingdom (London) Australia ( Sedney ) which offers perfect conditions for hosting websites whose visitors reside in the United States of America, Canada or Latin America , United kingdom and Australia .

- Data Center in USA 'Chicago' : Steadfast
    - Data Center in UK 'London': Bluesquare
    - Data Center in AU 'Sedney' : SISGroup

* Domain Names Registration with Tld offers
    * Shared hosting .
    * Virtuozzo and OpenVZ powered VPS servers.
    * Semi-dedicated hosting servers .
    * Dedicated web hosting servers.

• Top-level Cisco routers & switches
    • Large public and private peering
    • Backup UPS and diesel generators
    • Top-notch climate control
    • Security card access and DVR cameras

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.