Best Place To Pay For Server Ad's around $20

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by chenr1, Dec 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

chenr1

Hello guys. My name is Caleb and I recently re-launched my server on a host. It used to be home hosted on a dedicated computer but It went down for like 2-4 weeks. So II relaunched it with RedstoneHost and I could've never made a better choice. So right now I'm in a struggle for users. I advertisded on all the popular websites out there(McForums,PMC,Minecraftservers.net) and I just cant seem to get enough players. I read on the forums about how these people have 20+ people on ALL the time and I have issues have 2+ people on. :) So I figured I would advertise somewhere. I have alot of experience with running a server.(since 1.8) but it Just never got poplular. So I need you guys's help. Where is a good place to pay for advertising to get a streamline of players for around $20 =. $20 is pretty much my budget. Thanksies.

2. Offline

KylexDavis

I just do as you stated above, mostly use PMC to advertise. You just need to "Bump" your server every 24 hours and have a nice banner that everyone will see. My server has been up for nearly a month now, and had over £700 in donations, and about 2,000 individuals online. (we have ATLEAST 5 people on at all times now, about 30-40 at peak times.)

Sorry for double post ^-^
    I'd have to agree with this though, yes, although the prices fluctuate a lot.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2016
    NotYetRated likes this.
  3. Very true.

4. Offline

chenr1

Thank You All Very Much, What do you mean by the prices fluctuate alot? Do you mean like one day its $10 and another its like $50?

Also, is there anyone out there who can tell me how many people willl join? And what % of them are trolls and Greifers?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2016
  5. Offline

KylexDavis

That's what I mean by fluctuate, yes.
    And with the % of griefers/trolls, I've actually only had about 10 so far, out of 2,000 people. It seems that way anyways, the community seems to be pretty swell lately.

6. Offline

Sushi

Yes, for example right now it's $612.20.

7. Offline

chenr1

Ya I noticed that. So like does it restart every day or somthing?

8. Offline

LiLChris

Less than a month and over £700 in donations? :eek:

9. Offline

KylexDavis

I'm pretty sure, as we have £500 in our paypal right now, and spent £100 on a forum, Xenforo, and also have paid for the first & second month in advance.

10. Offline

Stevensaurus

700 euro? What kind of benefits do you give for donating?

bobacadodl likes this.
  11. Offline

bobacadodl

Please, share your wisdom o__o

cMan_ likes this.
  12. Offline

KylexDavis

To be honest? I really don't know. It just sort of happened, caught me by surprise also. Because we don't do monthly donations, we do one time ones, I guess it helped? Not sure.

13. Offline

NotYetRated

What did you mean by "PMC" ?

14. Offline

firecopy

I believe he is referring to the popular website PlanetMineCraft.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.