Best Alternative to GroupManager?

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by EmpiricalDepth, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Offline

EmpiricalDepth

Ive been serching these forums for an hour and cannot find the answer to a simple question...
    GroupManager is the plugin that allowed you to use /promote <player> and it would bring them up one leve at a time but not to yours or above yours unless OP....
    What is the best replacement for this now dead plugin?
    Thanks

2. Offline

Daniel Heppner

Just use PermissionsBukkit and learn the new commands.

3. Offline

EmpiricalDepth

it doesnt look like it supports groups even though it says it does... can anyone post a finished group.yml for me to reference in the PermissionsBukkit format? i cant find any examples that actually use groups... thanks

ok so i ben trying everything with PB and mChat... cannot get them to work

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2016
  4. Currently theres no good alternative to GroupManager! And PermissionsBukkit is still too crude!
    Plz, somebody have a heart and continue GroupManager! :oops:

EmpiricalDepth likes this.
  5. Offline

EmpiricalDepth

Ok so I am trying out Permissions 3.16 w/PermissionPlus 3.2 inc pAlias, anyone have a link to a Permissions 3.16 FAQ or general help with these 3? sure i got PP help from the plugin page and pAlias help form its page.. but cannot find Permissions 3.16 anywhere, I dun get it, did it just fall off the map? Thanks!

6. Offline

EmpiricalDepth

Well I did it successfully... thank you for your help guys.

7. Offline

codename_B

8. Offline

Mrchasez

I am working on GroupManager+

This will solve your issue when we release it :)
    Should be very soon.

EmpiricalDepth likes this.
  9. Offline

codename_B

10. Offline

EdTheLoon

Permissions yeti did have a promote function that you configured using tracks in your permissions configs

11. Offline

EmpiricalDepth

TEMP FIX: thank you all, for ll you hav done and still do as devs... and for the help here.... Just to be clear incase anyone who sees this is lost...
    I am running
    CraftBukkit 1000
    Permissions 3.16
    PermissionsPlus 3.2 w/P2Alias inc
    HeroChat .. latest 4 series? cant remember

anyway, this is working fine for what i was looking for and /promote and demote works great. If anyone that finds this needs the resources I used, I will do my best to back track and post.

So for now.. till a wonderfull dev or group of them comes up with something easier to use and up-to-date, I wil stick with this for now.
    Happy Mining :)