Beginner help

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Infernus, Feb 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Infernus

Hey people!

Before I played this game I played another game where I also had learned the coding language pretty good.

Since I now own my own server on Minecraft I would love to develop some plugins for my server, but I have no idea where to start. That's why I am posting here, does anyone have good tutorials for me? Should I follow plain old Java tutorials first?

The previous language I coded in was named UnrealScript and seems pretty similar to Java in my opinion.

If I posted in the wrong section, I am sorry, I am new :p

2. Offline

Ryan Carretta

If you are new to programming in general, some information on Java couldn't hurt. ;)

For Bukkit, a good place to start is the Wiki:
    http://wiki.bukkit.org/Main_Page

3. Offline

Andre_9796

is there an alternate to ichat at the moment?

4. Offline

Sammy

5. Offline

Infernus

Thanks guys :D

Will sure take a look at java first! Already tried Samkio Basic Tutorial and it works, but now let's first learn the basics of Java, otherwise I won't be able to write anything from scratch. ;)

LOL

6. Offline

ursa_arcadius

Some parts of Samkio's tutorials are out of date so be careful (unless they were updated since I last checked)

7. Offline

Sammy

Your right ursa, the package name and the TSLPC error will pop up... still you have to give me credit for the epic OldSpice Man meme quote [​IMG]

8. Offline

Xemnas33

Yes, but for that just visit the TSLPC link at the top of this forum to see what you need to change :)

9. Offline

Jandalf

ok i also want to lern programming for bukkit and the links seem to be quite good:)

10. Offline

aPunch

I have been using Samkio's Tutorials. They are quite useful, and I am sure I would not be anywhere near where I am today if not for him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.