Bedrock onDamage Event (does it still exist?)

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by KayoticSully, Feb 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

KayoticSully

I had a plugin that did some stuff when someone "hit" or damaged a bedrock block. Since a recent update it seems that the onDamage event is not getting fired at all when a player hits a bedrock block. Is there a different event that is fired off specifically for bedrock when it is hit? Either way, how can I tell if bedrock has been hit by a player?

2. Offline

Edward Hand

The only thing I can think of is PLAYER_ANIMATION which is triggered when a player swings their arm. You could use then find the block they're looking at and if its obsidian do whatever. make sense?

3. Offline

KayoticSully

Yes, I was thinking about that too, but my only concern was that it might put a lot of unwanted strain on the server just because of the sheer volume of times that event goes off with many people on the server. Or is it really not a whole lot of strain on the server even with that volume of events?

4. Offline

Edward Hand

Well, its not going to be that much more than if you were using blockDamage events is it? If anything it will be less.

5. Offline

KayoticSully

Actually, your right. Sometimes when I try to find a solution to a problem I overlook the obvious.

Thanks, you've pointed me in the right directions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.