Beacon Beam Color

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Niv-Mizzet, Jan 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Niv-Mizzet

Is there a way to stop color mixing with beacon beams? I want a player to be able to change the color of a beam by placing only one piece of glass.
    Thanks in Advance!

2. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@Niv-Mizzet I believe that that beam is client side.

3. Offline

Niv-Mizzet

@timtower
    Would it be possible to have a "ghost block", in other words a block that isn't actually there(and doesn't look like it's there), but the client or server thinks it's there?

4. Online

@Niv-Mizzet You can send a block to the client but it would be visible.

5. Offline

Niv-Mizzet

@timtower thx, i just figured out a solution

6. Online

Could you share it?

7. Offline

Niv-Mizzet

@timtower It's more of a game design solution, not a programming solution, so it probably isn't useful, but here it is:
    First, an explanation of how the game works (for the purpose of this. There are actually a lot more features).

Your(and your team's) goal is to control as many beacon "beam blocks"(i know that isn't a thing i'm just counting the blocks from the beacon to y 256) as possible. Each team has a color. For every beacon beam block of that color, every minute you get 1 point/coin. "Beam blocks" within glass also count. Glass is unbreakable

The solution for me was to have the first time a player places a glass block on an unclaimed beacon, a glass would appear above it of the same color. The next player could right click that block instead of right clicking above it, and that block would change color and a new block would appear above it. This would continue until 256, when there would not be a block on top.

Basically checking for a playerinteractevent and checking if the block right clicked upon was the top glass block.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.