Bat pathfinding?

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by ColaCraft, Jan 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

ColaCraft

For the past, I don't know, week or so, I have been struggling to get bats to fly towards a player. I have tried writing my own path finding method, the A* path finding, and all sorts of other things. I just simply cannot get the bat to do what I want it to do. Using all of the path finding methods, it still flies around randomly.

I would prefer to write a PathfinderGoal for this, but I am open to suggestions. Thank you!

2. @ColaCraft Are you sure your custom bats are being spawned and not the regular vanilla bats?

3. Offline

ColaCraft

Yeah, I am adding the custom bat in.

Code:
    MortalBat b = new MortalBat(world);

world.addEntity(b, SpawnReason.CUSTOM);
    @teej107 Do you know anything about this?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2015
  4. Offline

nverdier

@ColaCraft People generally don't like being randomly Tahg'd. I know I don't, and I don't think he does either.

5. Offline

ColaCraft

@nverdier Sigh...

Please quit antagonizing my posts.

If you aren't going to help me push a bat to where I need it to be, please don't post non-sense. If he is upset about it, he will tell me himself. You shouldn't speak for others :)

Thanks!

6. Offline

nverdier

@ColaCraft
    1) I'm not antagonizing?
    2) Not non-sense. He has said in the past he doesn't like being randomly Tahg'd.
    3) He shouldn't have to, he has already told people in the past. I'm not speaking for him, I'm speaking for everybody who you might Tahg in the future.

Also, I don't want to get even more off-topic, so let's stop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.