Solved Bat crash

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Side8StarLite, Nov 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Side8StarLite

Hi there
    I've been running servers for a while now on my personal computer, and I know enough about it. But recently, the computer that I run it on had contracted a virus and I had to shut it down for a week or two. Now it's fine now, but whenever I try to run the bat file that runs the spigot.jar file, it freezes the whole computer, and I can't do anything about it except just to restart the whole computer. Does anyone else have this problem?
    I have a Windows computer.

2. Offline

oceantheskatr

I kinda figured it was a Windows computer.

It is possible that the virus isn't gone, as shutting it down for "a week or two" does not get rid of a virus on a computer, that's closer to how you get rid of a common cold. Download the free version of Malwarebytes and do a complete scan to ensure that there is not a virus on your computer.

3. Offline

Side8StarLite

No no no no Sorry when I meant shut it down, I meant the server, not the computer sorry : P
    THe virus is already gone, I know that; the computer was cleared out while I had to shut down the server. Everything's fine now, except that now I can't run the bat file that runs the server. I think it has to do something with the networkin of the computer when it was being cleaned out, so I'll be checking on that for now.

4. Offline

oceantheskatr

Can you post the contents of your batch file here please?

5. Offline

Side8StarLite

It's the same bat file you would expect if one were to run a spigot server:
    Code:
    java -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar spigot.jar nogui
    I found out it DOES start up, but takes forever to do so. It happens a lot with other applications too, so I think it's just my computer's problem. I'll mark this as solved for now, just because it's not a bukkit problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.