Solved Banned people get back on

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by HypdUp, Feb 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

HypdUp

Hey Bukkit community! I need some help with my server today! So... I ban people but they just keep joining back..... why? It wont let me ban them permanently I have tried Ip banning them also but nothing!
    Thanks for your time!

Pastebin of log file:http://pastebin.com/WcV7zdEJ

2. Offline

zipfe

Um, maybe it is because half of the five thousand plugins you run are throwing errors on start-up and do not work? Update everything you have there, until your server starts without any fatal errors, then try again.

And when you test this on yourself, make sure you didn't give yourself permissions that override kick and ban.

3. Offline

HypdUp

Can you tell me what I need to update? Im not sure

4. Offline

JaguarJo

HypdUp Plugins that wouldn't load at all: MCore, ServerBounty, DisguiseCraft, CombatTag, Jailer
    Plugins that loaded but still have problems: BKCommonLib, NoCheatPlus, ColoredSigns, SignEdit, StarterKit

I would check for updated versions of all of these.

5. Offline

HypdUp

Ok I updated all I will try in the morning!

Ok so the problem still exists this is the new server.log:http://pastebin.com/d3euiA0m

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  6. Offline

Iroh

The server log can now be looked at! Update ServerBounty. And then re-test. Removing all errors is a good first step regardless.

7. Offline

HypdUp

Ok I changed the plugin entirely but still banning just wont work

8. Offline

Iroh

Okay show me the console log from when you type the ban cmd.

9. Offline

HypdUp

10. Offline

Iroh

11. Offline

HypdUp

Any ideas?

Could It be because Im maybe using a Dev version of bukkit?

Bump Still nothing

12. Offline

zipfe

Nope, should have nothing to do with using a dev version.

Did you make sure you do not have permissions for that player that exempt them from ban, or that let them connect, even when banned?

13. Offline

Necrodoom

Does the banned-players.txt file change when you ban the player? If not, this may be a server write to file issue.

14. Offline

mazentheamazin

HypdUp

15. Offline

HypdUp

I got it working I got this plugin called MCBans it works like a charm I think essentials ban was just messed up

16. Offline

Necrodoom

essentials uses bukkit to ban, hence:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.