Solved Banned by "hardcore" mode with no hardcore mode

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by DarkRedman, Nov 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

DarkRedman

Hello, I'm using the last stable release of CraftBukkit.

One day I switched the server property hardcore to true just to try, and then I switched if off to false.
    But still me and the others players get banned on dying, and even if I reset the file banned-players.txt we still got banned again from my server. But hardcore=false and difficulty=1 so i don't understand I got still banned from my own server. :(

I need some help, how to fix this ?

Thanks in advance.

2. Offline

WhosDaMan

One (costly) solution I have is to delete their .dat file. That is the only thing I have found out so far, but if I find another way I will tell you.

3. Offline

DarkRedman

When you say "their" do you talk about the worlds folder ?
    Is there any documentation that explains how the .dat files are encoded ? Then perhaps I could remove the single data that could fix it without losing the rest.

I'll try to delete and take a backup just in case.

4. Offline

DarkRedman

Hello, I've deleted all .dat files sadly but it seems to work, but not totally.
    I don't understand why I've skulls instead of heart but my server is not in hardcore mode when I check my client settings the difficulty is in extreme mode, and the button is grayed I can't change it, I'm not sure this comes from the server or my client. It's the only server where my client is set on hardcore and it's locked.

5. Offline

bennie3211

create a new server (or copy the old 1 as backup) remove evey file of all plugins, then u change all config back to what u had, and try it again? maybe this will work?

6. Offline

DarkRedman

I finally deleted the level.dat file of the world and the difficulty isn't locked anymore, it works very well :)

In fact I made this world in the solo game with bad settings because I couldn't make a world correctly in the console.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.