Ban on multi-account

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Archie, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Offline

Archie

Hey, I was wondering if there is a plugin that can ban the user on multi-account based on IP?

Like, (one person)
    Player1 logs in.
    Player1.1 tries to login as well ----> Banned
    Player1.2 tries to login again afterwards -----> Banned

I find this useful when doing a PVP match when users hop on their friend's accounts and try to re-login.

2. Offline

DJSanderrr

Archie ./banip <name/ipaddress>
    Is that what you mean?

3. Offline

sajagrules

/banip <name> does not work very well. Instead install Essentials plugin and then use /whois <name> or /seen <name>. Copy the IP address down and do /banip <ip- ex: 123.123.98.123>

4. Offline

Archie

No, I wanted an automated system that can detect this and ban the player(s). Like,

-CONSOLE-
    Player1 logged in on IP 127.0.0.1
    Player2 logged in on IP 127.0.0.1
    http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/ Player2 has been banned for multiaccounts. (Basically no admin interference needed)/

5. Offline

nhadobas

6. Offline

DJSanderrr

Archie nhadobas
    Yeah. There are a few people playing on my server who have a brother.
    And also people on my server that sometimes go to another friend to both play minecraft.
    And what if you are at school and because you did your work'd well, you can do. What for your slef.

So not the best opinion i guess

7. Offline

Archie

Have a way to add x amount of bypasses such as /multiaccounts add <ip> <amount of more characters allowed to join>

8. Offline

Archie

9. Offline

Archie

Bump again. Anyone?

10. Offline

mastermustard

its called... drumroll please..... /banip

11. Offline

Mitch_

This wouldnt be a good plugin because if you go to your friends house and bring your laptop and you get banned and then they join, boom, they are banned and brothers and sisters its better just to ban the ip manually or get a trusted person make a rank called something like [monitor] and they have access to /banip so they can do this if you are not online :)

12. Offline

nhadobas

Its called.... drumroll please..... Not reading his request.

mastermustard likes this.
  13. Offline

Mitch_

Lool

14. Offline

Archie

Bump anyone?

15. You can't do it without banning IP's. Even a smart person could change there IP and log on with an alternate account. You really cannot stop hackers/people with alternate accounts.

16. Offline

Archie

Obviously they can change their IPs. It's just so that I can have a little time between my games so that they don't start spamming my server.

17. True enough.