"Bad packet"?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Sn0vit, Nov 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Sn0vit

So for about 2-3 days now our server has been bugging ALOT. It all started a bit easy about a week ago, when a couple of players said they were getting "bad packet", kicked in other words. We admins didn't really thought much about it because it sounded more like a Bukkit issue than a plugin.

This solved itself though, the "bad packets" stopped coming and there was peace. Then about 2-3 days ago i accidently removed a town (Oh, and we use Towny) so that even if the Towny config file said "Do not rollback" it slowly erased itself, blocks started to disappear until there was only half of the town left.

So i tried to restore the area with "CoreProtect" to about 2 hours, and in the middle of the restore my Minecraft crashed and the server got EXTREMELY laggy when i logged back in, and nothing was restored.

Ever since then, some people would get "bad packet" just from logging in to the server, and this would kick everyone else that was in the "survival" world (We have spawn, survival and hardcore).

When some players would log in, all the other players would get kicked and get "bad packet", IF they were standing in the survival world, spawn and hardcore was not affected. First we thought it was caused by mods that these players used, but then it started to happen more and more often. We banned all the people causing this until we had fixed it.

So we updated our all plugins to the latest versions, and that would pretty much solve the problem. "Bad packets" did no longer show up, until now. The exact same thing is happening, someone logs in and the rest in survival world get's kicked.

Help, someone?

2. Offline

TnT

Moved to Bukkit Help.

The Bad Packet error is a bug in Minecraft itself which should be fixed in 1.4.4.

3. Offline

Sn0vit

Thank you for moving my and answering my thread!
    When can we expect 1.4.4 version?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.