Backup Inventory Plugin

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by TheCoolGuy123_5, May 11, 2014.

1. Offline

TheCoolGuy123_5

EDIT: I found a plugin that works (PlayerSnapshot)

2. Offline

TheCoolGuy123_5

3. Offline

Crud41

Why not just get a plugin that makes "Snapshots" of worlds? I do believe you can also customize what you want it to make a snapshot of (ex: players folder). I know that there is a plugin like that, can't remember the name..

timtower likes this.
  4. Offline

TheCoolGuy123_5

I have multiverse, and for any multiverse worlds, the players folder is empty. I think essentials does it, idk.

And, I think worldedit?
    A very powerful feature of WorldEdit is that it can load a section of your world, defined by your selection region, and restore it from a backup without having to shutdown your server or use an offline map editor. A large number of problems can be easily fixed this way, from undoing a griefer's work to fixing a world save error to even rolling back from a project you gave up with half-way through. (http://wiki.sk89q.com/wiki/WorldEdit/Snapshots)

5. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

TheCoolGuy123_5 Worldedit can't make backups, and the data is only stored in the main world

6. Offline

Crud41

7. Offline

au2001

Crud41
    This isn't for the map itself, it's just for inventories, backuping the world would help but this would remove anything players would have done...
    I don't think this plugin has already been made

TheCoolGuy123_5
    You could fix the plugin (or use another one) because if it can mess up the inventories, I guess it can mess up other things that would be even more a problem...
    If there's an error, give us the log! If there isn't, tell us what plugin it is and we will try to fix it

8. Offline

Crud41

au2001

Well, with the world comes the player files. On some plugins I am sure you can specify what directory you want to backup.

9. Offline

au2001

Crud41
    You would have to do that by hand...
    I guess this is one of the reasons TheCoolGuy123_5 wants a plugin for that...

10. Offline

TheCoolGuy123_5

Sometimes when I test a plugin on my main server, it conflicts. Like one time, a plugin that doesn't even affect inventory, just health reset my enderchest, and my inventory. Sometimes its because, when you teleport from like gameworld to survival, your survival inventory transfers to gameworld, and gameworld to survival. The items can be easily restored using another kit plugin and creating a backup kit. I would just want a plugin to restore the inventory, if it perhaps guessed screwed up.

11. Offline

au2001

TheCoolGuy123_5
    Then create a little localhost server just to test out plugins and to test things before putting them on your real server...
    If you really need this plugin, timtower will help you with that :p
    (can be anyone else...)

12. Offline

Crud41

TheCoolGuy123_5 au2001

Cooguy, if you only need this for personal "New plugin testing purposes" just do what au told you:

There isn't much logic behind "Testing" plugins on your live server. Even the lowest tier computers can run a minimal server and a MC client, try it out on those. (Before anyone says anything, I am talking a modern day "expected" specs on computers, don't bring DOS or Windows 98 into this or 512MB or ram or whatever else)

au2001 likes this.
  13. Offline

TheCoolGuy123_5

I already have a testing server, and sometimes when you put a plugin with a server with other plugins, conflicts happen. (I have localhost one, and a bought one too.)

14. Offline

Flybelette

Do you really need MySQL ?

15. Offline

TheCoolGuy123_5

Flatfile is fine.

16. Offline

TheCoolGuy123_5