Automatically mark inactive projects as "Inactive"

Discussion in 'BukkitDev Information and Feedback' started by Mastergalen, Aug 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Mastergalen

When a new RB of Bukkit gets released and the project does not get any new files uploaded within one month, then the project should be automatically marked as Inactive by the BukkitDev system and hidden from search results unless they tick that you also want to see inactive plugins.

I'm seeing a lot of plugins which have stopped being developed but the author did not bother marking it as inactive and simply abandoned the project.

2. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

Any plugins from 1.1-R6 (or was it R7?) and onward can easily be still compatible with the current craftbukkit.

3. Offline

Mastergalen

It'd be nice though if the author confirmed himself that it works with the current CraftBukkit. If he doesn't confirm it in 1 month, then it's inactive.

4. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

This falls apart in scenarios where the author is missing for a long period but the plugin works fine.

5. Offline

Mastergalen

Doesn't that qualify it as inactive then? Not doing anything to the plugin or the author missing?

Inactive doesn't mean that the plugin doesn't work, just that no new developments are done to it.

6. Offline

Ne0nx3r0

I think a month is a bit harsh... As stated, some plugins simply don't need that much maintenance.

What's the process for dealing with plugins that are both broken and abandoned now?

7. Offline

Mastergalen

Well, the one month was just an example^^.

I believe that those plugins just get marked as abandoned and get an abandoned warning displayed above their page and that's all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.