Auto-Link URL plugin

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by PhillyCheezsteak, Jan 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plugin category: Admin Tools

Suggested name: LinkIt

What I want: Here is the basics of what I need.
    1) A config that would allow me to store links with their names
    *Example:
    Config
    #Put your links here
    - Website "bukkit.org" (anything in quotes it would read as the website, anything before it is the name)

2) A command to access to link. /Linkit
    *Example If I typed in /Linkit Website, it would link me the link in the config Website in the chat, and it would say Website.

The next part is which ever one is possible

3 a) A command that would open up/click the most recent link that was used with /Linkit
    The command for this would be /Linkitclick
    Or

3 b) A command that would close all inventory/chest gui, like pushing the Esc key.

NOTE: If a player uses the command /Linkit, only the player who uses the command will be able to see it in the chat.

Ideas for commands:
    /Linkit (link name in the config)
    /Linkitclick (IF 3 a is possible, it would click/open up the most recent link used with /linkit)
    /Linkitclose (IF 3 b is possible, it would close all inventory/chest gui, like pushing the Esc key)

Ideas for permissions:
    linkit.link (use /linkit.website)
    linkit.autolink (IF 3 a is possible, use /linkitclick)
    linkit.close (IF 3 b is possible, use /linkitclose)

When I'd like it by: As soon as possible please. If you are willing to do this, please put the date on when you can complete it.

If you are confused on this plugin request, please feel free to ask :)

Last edited: Jan 7, 2015
  2. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@PhillyCheezsteak What you are asking is impossible. Best that we can do is using the tellraw methods for it.
    DynamicAliases is semi able to do this. You can show text to the users with self defined commands, links shouldn't be a problem either.
    Link is in my signature.

3. @timtower Dang I was afraid of that. Would it be possible if you can use the command, then a dialogue can pop up if you want to visit the link? Because what I really want to avoid is for players clicking the link in the chat since I am going to use ChestCommands and have a menu of links players can click on.

Edit: Another reason why I do not want the link in the chat is because some links might be too long to fit

4. Online

5. @timtower What would you suggest if I want to use Chest Commands?

6. Online

@PhillyCheezsteak Anything that outputs them to the chat and maybe url shortners.

7. @timtower So I have 2 quick questions just to help my confusion xD
    1) Would it be possible to have a plugin put a link in the chat that is shortened based on the config's name?
    Like if I did /Linkit Test1 and in the chat i would see Test1 in the chat and if I click on it, it would take me to the website in the config.

2) Would there be another way besides in the chat, the link can show up and be clicked on? That is the one thing I am trying to figure out, because if it is not possible, I am 100% okay with this, but the only thing is, I would really want the first question to be possible.

8. Online

9. @timtower Thank you :) So I have one more question I just thought of. Would there be a way to have a command that would click a link in the chat? So say if you used a command to put a link in the chat, and then you can use another command to click that link in the chat? So for example if I typed /searchlink (example command) it would click/open the most recent link in the chat that you typed in with the /linkit command

xD I am really trying to find someway to get around this.

10. Online

@PhillyCheezsteak That is point 2 again. The clicking is possible, but as far as I know we can't force open that popup.

11. @timtower xD dang thank you though. I think I have another idea/solution to this. So I think I might just have the link in the chat, but I might have a command to exit all inventory/chest GUI screens, that way it would immediately force the person to exit the Chest Commands GUI screen, so they can just click on the link in the chat.

12. I edited the original post with the two options I would need. For the "What I Want" section for step 3, you can choose either 3 a or 3 b. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.