ATTENTION: BukGet Package Repository System is up and running!

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by SteveMcGrath, May 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

SteveMcGrath

To all Plugin Devs!

I am now looking for plugin devs to submit packages to the repository system on bukget. For more information, please visit the link below. We need to get a few packages submitted to test the server-side scripts. Welcome to any questions, comments, etc.

http://bukget.org

2. Offline

Zone

3. Offline

SteveMcGrath

UPDATE: Tons of work is being done, however the back-end systems are up and running! Please submit your plugins at http://bukget.org !

4. Offline

nickguletskii

"run: yum -y install python26" suggests this isn't compatible with python 2.7. Could you please upgrade to python 2.7 because it is the latest stable version?

5. Offline

SteveMcGrath

The baskit wrapper code works fine with py 2.7. I dont use cent, so the install docs for getting epel installed so you can get something newer than 2.4 may be a a bit dated.

6. Offline

SteveMcGrath

the bukget plugin is now in beta too, so we have a way to handle downloading plugins from the bukkit console.

7. Offline

cholo71796

@SteveMcGrath
    It might be good to add information about what BukGet is into the "About" section on bukget.org. I had heard stuff here and there, and when I actually went to get information on what it was, I couldn't find it on the site.

8. Offline

midget_3111

I had only heard here and there what Bukget was (mainly from the new BukkitPermissions thread), after a while of following the blog, I thought I would give it a go.

I must say I am impressed with it and think it's looking really promising, will this eventually be included in standard Craftbukkit?

9. Offline

SteveMcGrath

@midget_3111 I dunno. I think that may partially depend on fill. Regardless we are still heavy in development and are trying to continue to make things easier for developers to submit plugins to the repository. Right now our repository is quite small, but we have faith that it will gain favor with devs.

@cholo71796 Sorry for the late response, I thought I responded earlier. I will go ahead and update the about page before next week ;)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2016
  10. Offline

Supersam654

The link in your original post is broken :(

11. Could you add an option to start MC via the Remote Toolkit in the Basket Launcher? Also some kind of multiserver Managemt would be awesome.
    I really like your idea and execution behind this and will submit my plugins soon after i fixed some bugs.

12. Offline

SteveMcGrath

Thanks for the heads up. The website has been running on a totally different code base for a while now. I updated the link to simply point to the root page of the site.

1) After looking at Remote Toolkit, I dont think it would be overly difficult to support.
    2) Multi-server management is already possible using multiple unix users. baskit checks 3 locations for the baskit ini: /etc, ~/.baskit.ini, and the CWD. I shouldn't be overly difficult however to add an option in the config to be able to override the screen session name. As it sits currently, it would be a significant rewrite to be able to support multiple servers with 1 config file however.
    3) Thanks, I'm currently looking into better ways for developers to interact with the bukget server as well and I should be posting those ideas when I get back from a couple of conferences next week.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.