Solved Assistance Required With PEX

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by MagmaBulder56, Aug 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

MagmaBulder56

This is my first time creating Permissions for a server, so I apologies in advance for my inexperience.

I was using PermissionsEx earlier to quite a success, but when customizing the permissions and relaunching my server I noticed PermissionsEx go red in /plugins and fail to work. To my knowledge this means I had messed up formatting and so I went over it many times I still can not spot a flaw so I ask for assistance in this.
    http://pastebin.com/rWu5CKZe

CraftBukkit version 1.7.9-R0.3

PLUGINs: ChairStairs, Citizens, WorldEdit, SurvivalGames, MassiveCore, CraftBukkitUpToDate, AdminEssentials, CustomPortals, PlotMe, PermissionsEx, PlotMe-DefaultGenerator, Freezetime, Essentials, EssentialsProtect, EssentialsSpawn, EssentialsChat, Multiverse-Core, EssentialsAntiBuild, MobArena, Factions, Multiverse-Inventories.

Thanks.

2. Offline

Scorpionvssub

pex normally shows the line u messed up check console to make sure

3. Offline

MagmaBulder56

15.08 19:37:42 [Server] INFO at ru.tehkode.permissions.backends.file.FileBackend.<init>(FileBackend.java:120) ~[PermissionsEx-1.22.9.jar:?]
    15.08 19:37:42 [Server] INFO at ru.tehkode.permissions.backends.file.FileBackend.reload(FileBackend.java:321) ~[PermissionsEx-1.22.9.jar:?]
    15.08 19:37:42 [Server] INFO ru.tehkode.permissions.exceptions.PermissionBackendException: Error loading permissions file!
    15.08 19:37:42 [Server] INFO =======================================================
    15.08 19:37:42 [Server] INFO Details: Error loading permissions file!
    15.08 19:37:42 [Server] INFO Your configuration must be fixed before PEX will enable
    15.08 19:37:42 [Server] INFO ========== UNABLE TO LOAD PERMISSIONS BACKEND =========
    15.08 19:37:41 [Server] INFO Initializing file backend
    15.08 19:37:41 [Server] INFO Enabling PermissionsEx v1.22.9

This isn't really helpful to me, to be honest :/

4. Offline

Boomer

not that part it isn't. But the part before that that might say where the system fails to parse the file

1) Never /reload the server. it kills pex until you reboot anyways
    2) If a clean bootup results in the same thing, then you pooched your YML file while editing it, missed a space, added a tab instead of spaces, forgot a colin somewhere, have a missing quote .. or just dont have blocks of data in the right structure and the plugin doesn't know how to create a logical sense of it.

www.pastebin.com your permissions.yml file from pex - yml is all about the spacing formatting / data relationships it will be easy to spot the errors when we see the file

5. Offline

MagmaBulder56

The pastebin link in my original post is a link to my permissions.yml

6. Offline

MagmaBulder56

@bwfcwalshy After so long, with so much frustration, to have such a simple answer. I feel so stupid now, but thank you so much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.