Are you using native code? Time for a checkup!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by bergerkiller, Dec 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

bergerkiller

I just had this thought and I am very interested in knowing what plugins are using native code. Using native code means you build against CraftBukkit and are using net.minecraft.server or org.bukkit.craftbukkit classes. Please post your plugins in the comments.

This excludes plugins that use a library or other plugin that access native code! Only if your plugin accesses it directly should it belong in this list. (that is why Redstone Mania and Stream Remover are not in here)

This is in response to md_5 his little scientific discoveries, finding out that about 1/10th of plugins use it. I am very interested in knowing which plugins these are.

This thread is NOT meant to discuss that commit. Please leave all the flamewars, arguments and claims out of this. Everyone knows we/you are not happy with it, and they know it too. There is no use discussing that here, as you will accomplish the opposite. Thank you.

EDIT

Actually, there is no use. XemsDoom pointed out that md_5 already published a list...

<snip>

Plugins not in that list:

Code:
    remote entities
    VanishNoPacket
    If your plugin is not in that list, feel free to comment. (I doubt that there are any missing)

XemsDoom and Smex like this.
  2. Offline

Lolmewn

Remote Entities uses this, although it's a library.
    I <3 net.minecraft methods :D Not using any of them in my own plugins though.

3. Offline

coldandtired

There's a couple more than that as that list is the ones that haven't been updated for the new commit.

Mobs has one line of NMS code to fix a bug in the Bukkit API that has been around for a long time.

4. Offline

bergerkiller

Lolmewn
    Added it.
    coldandtired
    It was already listed, maybe it was detected after your change :)

5. Offline

coldandtired

I meant that plugins like VanishNoPacket aren't in the 689-list as they have already been updated to take into account the commit, so there might be a few more like that.

6. Offline

bergerkiller

Oh I see.

7. Offline

Sushi

Um, I'm really confused. By "native code", do you mean libraries that run natively though the operating system using JNI?

Because if you don't mean that, I'm pretty sure you're using the term "native code" wrong.

8. Offline

lol768

Using native code means you build against CraftBukkit and are using net.minecraft.server or org.bukkit.craftbukkit classes.

9. Offline

md_5

Yeah technically it is wrong, no plugins on DBO use native code, but what he does mean is NMS/OBC code.

10. Offline

lol768

I use some for dying armour and setting lore etc because there's no Bukkit API for it yet

11. Offline

TnT

There is an ongoing discussion about this change, which is in a dev build and subject to change. Please don't confuse your own disagreement with this issue as speaking for the whole community.

Locked and cleaned up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.