Are there any authentication plugins that do the following

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Jonchun, Aug 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Jonchun

I'm running Recommended Build: 1000 (MC: 1.7.3).

Question: Are there any security plugins that can accomplish what I want accomplished.

- Integrate Offline/Online players.

Scenario: My server is mainly for premium users that have bought the legitimate MineCraft. However, I know several people who would like to play who do not have a premium MineCraft account. Is there any way I can run a server in offline mode but have a whitelist ONLY for those accounts that are not premium? (I've looked at xAuth, AuthMe) There was another plugin that did something very similar to what I wanted except it was somewhat outdated. Unfortunately, I forgot the name =/

In a nutshell, I want my minecraft server to basically run in online mode for most users, except run a security plugin such as xAuth if a non-premium user logs in. (Premium users verified by minecraft should not be affected by the security plugin and non-premium users should only be allowed to connect if they are on a whitelist)

Please tell me if I simply missed the plugin that does this! I've searched for a while! If more information is needed, please reply!

2. Offline

CypherX

I've looked into exactly what you're describing to integrate into my xAuth or as a separate plugin. Unfortunately, it's currently not possible as there's no way to check if a player is premium and has authenticated his or herself through minecraft.net. It may be possible using Spout/Spoutcraft but that would have to be looked into.

3. Offline

Jonchun

Well
    Thanks for your reply! I took another look at AuthDB and CraftFire lists:

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/ad...est-options-bad-character-filters-1000.19760/

"Login bypass if valid Minecraft.net session found" as an upcoming feature. Maybe he knows something about this? This features sounds like exactly what I want. Thanks again!

4. Offline

CypherX

I saw that myself a few weeks ago when I was doing some research about the idea. After discovering that it was currently impossible I dropped it and haven't seen or thought of anything since.

@Wulfspider is part of the Spout team and also a developer for AuthDB so lets ask him.

5. Offline

Wulfspider

We have a few ideas and methods we are working on. We'll should be providing a few options in either v2.3.0 or v3.0.0 of AuthDB.

6. Offline

Jonchun

Ok! Well I saw a plugin somewhere that did something like what I wanted (check for valid session). It was old though without Permissions. If I find it again, I'll be sure to link you guys! Maybe it will help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.