Filled Apple Cooldown 1.11

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by Scarpa18, May 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plugin category: Mechanics (or Cooldown)

Minecraft version: 1.11.2

Suggested name: AppleCooldownReborn (?) Golden Apple Cooldown (?) NAppleCooldown (?)

What I want:

Hello! I making a 1.11.2 server with 1.8 PvP.

I need a plugin that makes golden apple have cooldown. (For example, I eat one and I have to wait another X seconds to eat another)

I found plugins for this version but If I set 5 minutes of cooldown the things goes well but If the player eat the apple he has 5 minutes of CD but if he reconnect (Disconnect and connect) the cooldown resets for him and that's I don't want.

For example, I eat a GApple and I have 500 minutes of CD. I reconnect, now I don't have cooldown. This thing I don't want.

so in summary I need apple cooldown and a "database" to save cooldowns when the players disconnect.

I also need a config to set how much seconds of CD the Golden Apple need.

Ideas for commands:
    /gcd to know how much seconds do you have of CD.
    /gcd reload (?)

Ideas for permissions: gcd.bypass to bypass.

When I'd like it by: At soon possible, I think it isn't very hard. Thanks!.

2. Offline

Horsey

I can create this, but I need you to tell me whether you'd like the cool down to reset on the server restart?

3. I would prefer to no. But it's doesn't matter.

(If It increases consideraly the lag then yes)

4. Offline

ipodtouch0218

I've decided to take this up since it has not been filled yet.

5. Ok thanks!!

6. Offline

ipodtouch0218

All finished!
    Download here.

Config is pretty simple, just has one field to enter in the delay (in seconds).
    Safe from crashes, reloads, restarts, player disconnections, basically everything.

Post errors if anything doesn't work correctly / you want something changed!

7. Excellent thanks you a lot!!

8. Offline

ipodtouch0218

Make sure you mark the thread as filled.

If you're unsure how to do this: At the top of the thread, find Thread Tools, then Edit Title. To the right of the thread name where it says (No Prefix), Click and add the prefix "Solved"

9. Can you optimize it to use less RAM? A database or flatfiles support will be nice.

10. Offline

ipodtouch0218

Less RAM? The plugin doesn't even use that much RAM to begin with, 186 kb of ram.

[​IMG]

Why is database support necessary? The plugin already backs up to cooldowns.yml?

11. In my test server, when someone eat a apple the % of ram is like 2-4MB. (Checked using TopLite plugin)

In the folder of GApple, there isn't a cooldowns.yml just config.yml

12. Offline

ipodtouch0218

The plugin dynamically saves to the cooldowns.yml so if the plugin crashes it won't effect cooldowns. I could change this to only happen on server disable, but this wouldn't provide crash support. 2-4MB is that big of ram usage.

13. Please do it. I will have both version in a folder If in the future I change my mind.
    (I think you are saying that when server crash/plugin crash, peoples cooldown reset to 0)

Thanks for your help!

14. Offline

ipodtouch0218

I disabled the crash backups in the latest version. Honestly, 2-4mb of RAM won't affect you, basically at all.
    Download Here.

15. Thanks, but when if you have 100 players or well 50-60+plugin any unnecesary feature that consumes CPU and RAM is nice

Last edited: May 13, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.