Apparently Pistons crashed my server, please help

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Graloth, Jul 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So, i went to bed last night, and when i woke up this morning and checked the server logs, i found this:
    http://pastie.org/2161330 (what you dont see is that the server had been inaccessible for over 4 hours, just spammed log with read timed out errors)

I am using the lastest recommended build (953 as of this writing), i've had to remove the testing world which had most pistons and tell everyone to remove all other pistons from the remaining worlds.

Now how do i get this working again? i've blacklisted pistons untill i can prevent this from happening. with 80+ active players i need to be sure this wont happen.

someone please help.

2. Offline

cullyn

i had this error, it killed my temp map, i have disabled pistons with worldguard until i know they are safe.

I hope you have a backup of the map before pistons, is all i can say.

as for the actual error, i was getting a ton of them until i downsized my plugin list. basically what is not required should be removed for now.

3. yeah, luckily i didnt get map corruption, i've disabled the test world and loading it up in vanilla works fine (all the redstone contraptions with pistons work fine).
    I've set the motd so everyone know to remove any and all pistons untill this has been fixed.

anyone know if this is something mojang needs to fix or something that needs fixing in craftbukkit?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  4. Offline

Nima304

I've had a same problem. Here's my error:
    Code:
    2011-07-03 01:58:16 [SEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException
    2011-07-03 01:58:16 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.TileEntityPiston.a(SourceFile:100)
    2011-07-03 01:58:16 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.TileEntityPiston.g_(SourceFile:145)
    2011-07-03 01:58:16 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.World.cleanUp(World.java:1124)
    2011-07-03 01:58:16 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:447)
    2011-07-03 01:58:16 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361)
    2011-07-03 01:58:16 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    2011-07-03 01:58:16 [SEVERE] Unexpected exception
    java.lang.NullPointerException
        at net.minecraft.server.TileEntityPiston.a(SourceFile:100)
        at net.minecraft.server.TileEntityPiston.g_(SourceFile:145)
        at net.minecraft.server.World.cleanUp(World.java:1124)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:447)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)

It's crashed my server about 4 times now, and I'm getting hours and hours of downtime every time it happens. I'd love a solution to fix this.

5. @Nima304 the only solution i had for now was to blacklist the item, preventing it from being used, by using worldguards blacklist feature or similar. As well as remove all pistons in your world

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.