API-Plugin for block protection

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Pavlov, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Offline

Pavlov

There are so many plugin which prevent griefing but all of them use a different API. I am looking for something like Vault for block protection. If I hook into this plugin I can request if I can break/place/change a block without checking permission of Towny, Factions, Worldguard,....

E.g.: My cannon plugin fires a cannonball which places cobwebs on impact. The area surrounding the impact is protected but the plugin does not know this, so the cobwebs will be placed but can't be removed.

2. Offline

zathrus

great idea, I believe you could ask developers of the new plugin Guardian, which merges BigBrother, LogBlock and HawkEye together in an attempt to create one single logging/degriefing plugin

3. Offline

Pavlov

I have posted a comment and will add their response here.

4. Offline

Malikk

Pavlov

I was actually planning on developing this, already. Haven't started yet, but I need it for one of my plugins and I don't think it would take that long to get the most basic functions working for the major protection plugins

5. Offline

Pavlov

It has been quiet for a long time. So I want to ask if anyone has a solution to this? At the moment I have added a few major protections plugins but that is not the best way :)