Anyway to change nether world/the end world name?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by danielfr789, Aug 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

danielfr789

2. Offline

jef202

just live with it.. only if you use multiworld you will not see it ingame so what is the point?

3. Offline

danielfr789

I know there is a way to do so. I cant live with it I have a severe case of OCD.

4. Offline

jef202

OCD? right..... speak english please?

[bumping for ya]

5. Offline

Lookatmego

What you need is not possible unless your world doesnt have a name. However it is possible with a plugin such as multiverse im pretty sure:)

6. Offline

danielfr789

I have multiverse but if you delete world_nether it will create severe console errors and when the server is restarted it will regenerate.

7. Offline

afistofirony

Disable allow-nether and allow-end in your server.properties file and then delete the worlds.

8. Offline

chaseoes

You have to do it while the server is stopped.

9. Offline

danielfr789

Nope doesnt work. The worlds would just regenerate. I have double checked my properties. And double checked my bukkit.yml. Nether is disabled and the end is disabled get they just regenerate.

10. Offline

Lookatmego

why do you want to change the name of them anyways tbh?

11. Offline

danielfr789

I have severe OCD. :)

12. Offline

breezeyboy

disable the end in bukkit.yml

13. Offline

Lookatmego

he doesnt want to disable them, he wants the worlds just he wants them named enther and the_end....in which case I really dont know how that would work

14. Offline

breezeyboy

well how it works it.... it will make your main world said its called world and then it will create the nether and base it of you main world name so it would be world_nether ect ect, three is one way to fix this without and multiworld plugins, name your main world to nothing (it will make all the files in the main folder tho) then the nether and end would be called nether and the_end

15. Offline

Lookatmego

I doubt that would work, your server needs a world name in server.properties, if you were to name it nothing you wouldnt have a world to spawn on...

16. Offline

breezeyboy

TRY before posting, it does work, it just makes the files in were you batfile is,and the world would be named nothing, test before posting

17. Offline

Lookatmego

so the world has no name?its just a blank directory? and I said I doubt it would work never said it wouldnt...

If this were to work...how would plugins reference such world with no name?

18. Offline

Yurikoma

well for mine i used the plugin MultiWorld. what i did was i disabled the end in bukkit.yml and disables the nether in server.properties, then i deleted my nether and end world folders, and opened up the plugin and renamed the nether and end worlds inside the MultiWorld Config to the names i wanted. then when i start the server again it creates my nether and end world with the names i want, obviously you will need to find an alternative way to link to these worlds now, but least they have the names i want. (also make sure all other plugins you are using have the new names in them, some people use many different plugins, and some of them may create your old worlds again)

also to the people who said leave the world name in server.properties blank. if you didn't name a world in server.properties it will default and name the world world so unless you want your starting world to be named world, pick a decent name.

19. Offline

TnT

Use Multiverse, it will import your worlds when you run it. Then check the wiki for how to remove said world. Do so, but not delete it. Use the server.properties and bukkit.yml to stop loading nether and the end worlds. Rename the world folder to the name you want. Again, check the wiki for how to import worlds and import the newly renamed world.

Once complete you should now have the same world with a new name, with loading/unloading handled by Multiverse.

20. Offline

MaliciousMan

If you disable the nether or end, multiverse wont link to them if a player say, makes a nether portal or finds the end portal. YES I have tried it, and now I'm posting xD.

Bump-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.