Any rough idea when CB 1.4 will come out?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by MysteryManX, Oct 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

MysteryManX

Really curious to know when 1.4 will come out, as I wanna get my old server back up and running with 1.4

:3

2. Offline

HyrulesLegend

Oct 24 is when the update comes out.
    BTW; Bukkit cannot give ETA's, don't ask for the future.

3. Offline

makskay

Usually, a fairly stable CraftBukkit build becomes available within a week of the official Minecraft update. Since the official Minecraft 1.4 update is planned for the 24th, there'll probably be a stable CraftBukkit build for 1.4 by the end of the month.

4. Offline

greatman

The team usually release a early dev build about 1-2 days after the update but it usually have a lot of bugs. After a week the build starts to look good.

5. Offline

XxBoonexX

so bukkit is still coming out? even with the new api?

6. Offline

makskay

The vanilla API isn't being released as part of the Minecraft 1.4 update and every post on the subject that I've seen from Bukkit staff indicates that Bukkit will be maintained well beyond the initial introduction of the vanilla API, whenever said API arrives.

gomeow likes this.
  7. Offline

XxBoonexX

that's good to hear. thx for the reply

8. Offline

MysteryManX

9. Offline

Curtis3321

Since they released 1.4 pre, im sure they can get to work, And not to mention Some of the Bukkit team work @ Mojang.

10. Offline

makskay

Bukkit doesn't update for prereleases, the primary reason being that prerelease code is always still subject to change. Work begins on CraftBukkit 1.4 when the official Minecraft 1.4 is released, or a few days before if there's a Minecraft code freeze.

h31ix likes this.
  11. Offline

lol768

[​IMG]
    In all seriousness though, it's ready when it's ready. No ETAs will be given :D

12. Offline

russjr08

Oh you didn't not just ask..... D:

13. Offline

LEOcab

Will they do that whole releasing the final version a couple days before thing to give Bukkit a head start like they did last time?

14. Offline

Gravity

We're not Mojang D: Don't know!

15. Offline

LEOcab

lol "we". Who the hell is "we"? What are you, junior forum mod? Probational forum mod? Traffic director? I'd like to speak to your superior. LOL JK bro ily love the avatar btw. Last I heard Bukkit was working closely with Mojang, no?

chakyl likes this.
  16. Offline

Gravity

Wow I was reading that and getting really mad, it may seem dumb but we get stuff like that all the time.

Some of the founders of Bukkit work for Mojang now, but it doesn't affect Bukkit very much; the same amount of work still has to be done to make Bukkit work. In any case it's not like we bother people about trivial stuff like this, it's going to go down pretty much the same either way.

17. Offline

LEOcab

Dem programmers always working in the shadows, huh? Meh. I guess they'll let us know a couple days before if it goes that way. If not then I'm back to posting the old JAR on my server website for teh dumb n00bz who can't read my warnings. XD

Btw ily. You're awesome. Don't get mad. I was jk with u <3

h31ix likes this.
  18. Offline

skgmarkham

they posted a release, but the link goes to some jenkins site. Is there any way I can get the update other than that, or can some one tell me how to get it from there? I tried to find out how to make an account...

19. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

There is no Bukkit for 1.4. For the latest releases of bukkit, visit http://dl.bukkit.org

20. Offline

skgmarkham

ah, I as looking at a post from April... darn i was hoping!

21. Offline

Swang

Every version is like this, even before Mojang has released a non-dev version people come out of the woodwork asking when Bukkit will support it. Its like people think Minecraft is like a car where you can buy next years model now providing its near the end of the year.

22. Offline

Lolmewn

*glugglug*

23. Offline

KarlCullinane

I'll remember that in the future if I want to make a really douchey comment without the consequences. <3

24. Offline

Hoolean

25. Offline

thefiscster510

I'd love to see a single minecraft update where people don't ask for an ETA on bukkit the day of.. They should know from ALLLL the past releases that it's gonna be about a weekish before bukkit comes out with a build.

26. Offline

Gravity

Not possible.

np98765, MrBluebear3 and chakyl like this.
  27. I hate it when they update because literally I have to re-download EVERYTHING including Texture Packs, Server, Plugins, Mods, Maps, etc.

They should just stop coming out with updates.

28. Offline

Artaex

Lol. Just stop downloading updates then

MrBluebear3 likes this.
  29. Offline

TheFluffey

That was the biggest piece of shit comment I have ever read. I guess ignorance/impatience is bliss...

30. Offline

Cirno

It's "piece", bro. But, otherwise, yeah. That was a crappy comment.

Maybe if Bukkit and Mojang were to both make the 1.5 update, not release any information about it, and wait until Bukkit was done for both Mojang and Bukkit to release it at the same time.

thefiscster510 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.