Anvil Too Expensive Temporary Creative Mode Fix

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Winthryth, Jul 22, 2013.

1. Offline

Winthryth

So I know a lot of people say they want a fix to the anvil too expensive level cap in survival mode. From my understanding this is impossible because this is determined on the client side not server side. My idea would be a plugin that would put a player in creative mode only while using the anvil GUI, and once they leave the GUI they go back to survival mode. I am not a plugin writer but though this could be a reasonable idea that would allow a survival player to get around the anvil level cap. I am not sure if this is possible, but it seems somewhat reasonable to me. While they are in the anvil GUI they can't view inventory without leaving the GUI so they can't give themselves items form the creative inventory.

Also, I would like it to remove the correct amount of xp from the player in creative mode and only allow the repair if the player has enough xp even though they will be in creative mode.

No commands would be needed and only one permission which would allow players to use the plugins.

I have no huge time crunch on this but as soon as possible would be great, but I have a feeling this plugin would be hard to make.

Thx and good luck with the plugin

2. Offline

JPG2000

3. Offline

SmellyPenguin

Might try making this tomorrow/later.

4. Offline

AndyMcB1

In creative 1.6 can't you *click* and *keyboard press* to "create clone" of an item?

5. Offline

SmellyPenguin

You can block InventoryClickEvent, but thank you for pointing this out :)

6. Offline

AndyMcB1

But then how would you pick up the item you want to place in an anvil?

7. Offline

SmellyPenguin

Block:
    event.getAction().equals(InventoryAction.XXXXXXX)

8. Offline

Winthryth

Thx for showing interest smellypenguin and good luck at developing this plugin.