Plugin Request Anvil Strings

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by TheDianondPicks, Aug 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

TheDianondPicks

Suggested name: Anvil Strings

What I want: Using an anvil (or sign) GUI to allow users to write a argument of a set command e.g /nick [Anvil Argument set by player] it would be great if it supported 1.8.

For example a server admin sets a command in the config with an argument.
    [​IMG]
    Then ingame a player would do /anvilstrings open 1 Which would result in this GUI appearing:
    [​IMG]
    Which a user could then enter a argument (In this case a nickname) then the nickname would be applied when the player presses enter.

Ideas for commands: /anvilstring open [number]

Ideas for permissions: anvilstring.open.[number]

When I'd like it by: ASAP.

I have made a request the same but the author is inactive and the thread locked.

Thank's
    TheDiamondPicks

Bump

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2015
  2. Offline

TheDianondPicks

3. Offline

TheDianondPicks

4. Offline

pie_flavor

@TheDianondPicks This is a very interesting idea and I will try it. Question though, why bother? Why not just have users enter the command themselves?

TheDianondPicks likes this.
  5. Offline

TheDianondPicks

Thanks. This would help towards my goal of being a commandless server and would be good for new players who have no experience with commands

6. Offline

pie_flavor

@TheDianondPicks Oh, that actually makes a lot of sense. I'll bet you have commanditems going and such.
    You know what'd be really cool? Instead of an anvil, a command block gui. This would be with a resource pack with a modified language file, so that instead of the command instructions it has something else. I don't know how to do that though, and bukkit has no support for command blocks. Oh well.

7. Offline

TheDianondPicks

Yeah I wanted that originally but command blocks are handled client side in 1.8.

8. Offline

pie_flavor

@TheDianondPicks Not sure what you mean... when you click OK you certainly submit something to the servers

9. Offline

TheDianondPicks

True. You could try.

10. Offline

pie_flavor

@TheDianondPicks I've already said I don't know how, I'm just saying that it's theoretically possible. Also sorry I wasn't done with it earlier, there was a lot of school stuff to deal with.

11. Offline

TheDianondPicks

@pie_flavor I can see how it would be a big plugin and how you might be busy so no need to apologise :)

12. Offline

TheDianondPicks

13. Offline

pie_flavor

@TheDianondPicks oh jeez sorry i completely forgot about this project. almost done tho

TheDianondPicks likes this.
  14. Offline

TheDianondPicks

@pie_flavor I've made a resource pack for it but are you going to use the previous output box?

15. Offline

TheDianondPicks

16. Offline

TheDianondPicks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.