Anvil isn't working with enchanted books.

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by scordymax55, Jan 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

scordymax55

Hello, i've got a bit of a problem here on my server. Anvil's just doesnt work in survival modes. below are pictures of it happening. So what happens is you want to use the book to enchant the helmet.
    You trie it but when you think you are ready to quit the anvil, your items fall on the ground as they where before. You lose your enchanting level but when you log back on you still got your enchanting level. My friends find this issue verry annoying and i havent found a solution yet but i think it has to do with some of my plugins.

I am running Craftbukkit 1.4.6-R0.3 Beta build with the updated plugins, some are dev plugins for 1.4.6: Clear_inventory Clearlag DisguiseCraft Essentials Essentialsantibuild Essentialschat Essentials groupbridge Essentials group manager Essentialsprotect Gamemoder Multiverse-core and inventorys multiworld playerlogger protocollib Ptweaks Simplespawn weatherman worldedit worldguard worldportal.

Please note that we have different permission nodes for worlds:
    - Creative Worlds permissions : There the anvil bug isnt there
    - Survival world permissions : the anvil bug is there.

Sorry for my bad english, i tried to explain it the best i can!

2013-01-05_11.23.43.png

2. Offline

agilerelic

I'm having the same problem it's very annoying. I even disabled my plugin still have the same issue and using latest recommended build.

3. Offline

scordymax55

Yes, finally someone with the same problem! Do you think its a bukkit bug or a plugin caused bug?

4. Offline

Nemo2

I had this same problem, restarted my server and it started working normally again.

5. Offline

IrusVirus

6. Offline

tombik

I am expiriencing the same issue on my server. Any solution found?

7. Offline

Syd

After reading minecraftwiki.net (the talk section) I found out:

When you try to repair items while using another language than English, it might fail.

The reason seems to be the fact, that the name field is filled with the localised name, while the server still thinks the item has it's english name.
    -> the client thinks it doesn't rename, while the server says it does rename
    -> the action is much more expensive than shown for the player
    -> it will fail if the player has not enough EXP

Also I think this error may also occur when the client is using mods. (like the thread starter does)

However, it's a Minecraft Bug which also occurs in the lastest snapshot.

Edit: https://mojang.atlassian.net/browse/MC-1907

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.