AntiCheat

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by YoloSanta, Jan 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

YoloSanta

Plugin category: Anti-Griefing

Minecraft version: 1.8

Suggested name: SantaCheat

What I want: A anticheat for my hcf server soon to release. Also when you do /santa settings it opens a gui with 2 items centered in the middle like solent just not 3. In my plugin those 2 things need to be Top hackers (as in who are the top players the anticheat thinks are hacking with their heads when u click the 1st item) and the 2nd item (toggles wether u want autoban, nothing (just notifier), or judgement day.

Notifies: &cSANTA &7>> &c<player> &7failed &c<hack>

Ideas for commands: /santa enable, /santa disable, /santa notify, /santa settings

Ideas for permissions: santacheat.on, santacheat.off, santacheat.notify

When I'd like it by: whenever

This would be like a remake of solent just called SantaCheat

EDIT: Solent anti cheat gives to many false notifies so that's why I'm not using it

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
  2. Offline

tyler672

this is a very complicated plugin so you might not find anyone to make it for you.

and why don't you use one of the anticheat plugins out there??

3. Offline

YoloSanta

I want one that a hacker hasn't gotten his hands in and not found a way to bypass it

4. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

That is a constant battle, it is better to get an existing plugin and notify them when you find about a new hack.
    Nobody will be able to keep up with those hackers with a new plugin.
    Too much to prevent.

5. @timtower Minecraft would probably be better off if it was server side. Less hackers more fun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Online

@TheEnderman Nothing is pure server side.
    Won't even have the power for that.
    And even if it was: we intercept packets already, intercepting the game is also an option.

7. @timtower I'm not 100% sure but I think I have found a bug to do with class injection, could be used for checking the clients jar file.

8. Offline

YoloSanta

Yea but atleast I want it so my players can have a good time for a little while during the time hackers make a new client

9. Online

That time will be way less then you want it to be.
    Just ban the hackers when you find them.

10. Offline

YoloSanta

It just make it easier with an anti cheat.

11. Not really. Most hacked clients go invisible to the server so it will look like a normal player with tiny flaws to the server. Most effective ACs have a few hundred checks. Client side class changing is an option which servers might take soon, nothing can hide from it.

12. Online

Plugins like these are incredibly hard to make, not to mention keeping it up with the hacks
    @TheEnderman Client side class changing? Where did you get that? Protocol doesn't support it in any way, and if it would: mod could bypass it.

13. @timtower a combo of overwriting class files in the version jar. AA-ZZ strange indexing method mojang has.

14. Online

@TheEnderman That is called obfuscating, nothing weird.
    Can't overwrite classes on the client from the server, that would be a major security issue.
    Feel free to make a thread in offtopic if you want to talk about that.

15. @YoloSanta NCP is frequently updated and has customisable cheat detection messages, judging from what you want, you could use it.

16. Offline

YoloSanta

@timtower can you lock his thread I'll just request a custom Ncp

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.