Anti Hack Plugin?

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by tademan123, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Offline

tademan123

I've been thinking about this the past few days, and in my opinion, it actually seems like it would be possible to code...

You know how tons of people advertise their server on hacking forums, hacking IRC's, etc.? To be completely honest I have used Nodus and advertised my server a few times (for the luls on trolling hackers), anyways, tons of people join the server so they can hack the hell out of it..

So.. Okay, let's set we set up a little server with lets say... 24 slots. And no one knows about the IP except for the people who saw the advertisement on an IRC or Hacking Forum saying "Haha trolol come grief this", then the hackers come to the server, each name gets stored onto a list in a .txt file or something, maybe even a MySQL Datebase. And then once there are TONS of people on the list, you could release a plugin with a list of usernames that are automatically banned or unable to join, or just usernames to put in your banlist.. Anyways, you guys could think of other similar ideas to this, it may take a while, I'm not sure, cause I'm not experienced with Java..

And of course, this won't catch EVERY hacker out there, but I am thinking of ideas to catch more hackers. Anyways, thanks for reading this goodbye.

2. Offline

np98765

I like the idea, but I can see a ton of abuse. A .txt file? Any server owner can open that and add names in. Then those names would be banned from other servers, etc.

Unless there's a file type that lets the plugin write data but not a live, human user (which I don't know of), this would be abused by people. It's like McBans... Except instead of lowering someone's reputation, you're banning them from all servers with this plugin.