Anti-Cheat (Zombe's Mod Pack)

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by GameSlayerGS, Jul 7, 2011.

?

Do you use Zombe's Mod Pack in SMP?

1. No

29.9%
  2. Yes, Fly mod only

45.5%
  3. Yes, 5 mods or fewer

16.9%
  4. Yes, all the mods

7.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

GameSlayerGS

Does anyone know of a plugin that prevents usage of the Cheat mod from Zombe's Mod Pack, or all the mods?
    It would be greatly appreciated, I highly suspect one of my players of using it, it's rather ruining the economy.
    Thanks, in advance!

2. Offline

Deleted user

3. Offline

GameSlayerGS

Sorry I searched a few different things, but I couldn't find anything.

4. Offline

Taco

Search for a plugin called "NoCheat". It works great.

5. Offline

GameSlayerGS

Yeah, that was one that was returned int he search results for the above linked search, that looks perfect, as a server admin, things like "X-Ray" vision really bug me, and I'll definetely suggest it to my friends who host or know the hosts of other servers.
    Thanks again!

6. Offline

Taco

No problem.

7. Note that NoCheat doesn't block x-ray mods or the cheat-mod in zombe's modpack. Latter can be disabled by writing a certain code in you welcome-message. Look at the FAQ of the mod for more information (at the "cheat-mode"-section I believe).

Unfortunately, most of the rest can not be detected automatically, since it only affects rendering client-side.
    The only ways to prevent that are:
    1. have every found ore logged. Then it's up to you to detect abnormality.
    2. Use something like AntiXRay to hide every ore that is not visible. However, this might be buggy, I don't know.

8. Offline

GameSlayerGS

AntiXRay is recommended on the NoCheat thread, that's kind of what I was talking about, and about the Welcome Message saying something, I do have a mod that displays a MOTD, but I don't know which one it is, I've checked the likely ones and can't find an option for it.
    I just need to get a good MOTD plugin.

9. Offline

efstajas

I have seen a message like "Zombes FlyMod is not allowed here" on some servers directly after pressing my fly- key. Which plugin can do that?

10. Offline

Deleted user

A good MOTD plugin is MOTD.
    If NoCheat can't then it's probably http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/fix-sec-antihack-v2-0-blocks-bugs-cheats-and-hacks-953.9238/

11. Offline

GameSlayerGS

Some mod on my server prevents use of the "fly" part of the Fly mod, but not the speed modifier for walking. I'm pretty sure it's DefaultCommands. Could be wrong, probably am, I just spent a day or so going through and playing on a friend's server while searching Bukkit for mods and installing them on my server.

12. @GameSlayerGS with NoCheat, you can only disable specific exploits/hacks via permissions. So you can allow someone to fly, but not to speedhack or vice versa.
    That could be the case on your server.

13. Offline

GameSlayerGS

I don't use NoCheat yet though, I plan on getting it, but I don't have it yet.

14. Offline

Evenprime

The "Zombes FlyMod is not allowed here" message people get is the result of zombe's mod reading the MOTD. It doesn't come from the "NoCheat" or "AntiHack" plugins.

@GameSlayerGS: Minecraft has a builtin fly protection (even without any plugins) that will kick players when flying (sometimes - it will definitely kick users of Zombe's mod, for other more nefarious flymods I'd not count on it). It is enabled/disabled in the server.properties file with "allow-flight=" and only does check flying. Maybe it's what you experienced.

15. Offline

GameSlayerGS

That is set to false in my server, but my frien says it's also set to false on his server and people still fly on his, he does, I do, other people do.

16. Offline

simen4000

Sending no-z-fly disables fly, and sending no-z-cheat disables highlighting (nightvision), ore markers, mob markers and xray. Note that this is only for Zombe's Modpack.
    By putting no-z-fly and no-z-cheat in the MOTD you disable both parts of Zombe's Modpack. There's also a hidden variant of the message, but can't seem to find it right now.

17. Offline

Acrobot

"&f &f &2 &0 &4 &8" in the MOTD (they are colors, so it won't be seen)

18. Offline

GameSlayerGS

I've added both "no-z-cheat" and "&f &f &2 &0 &4 &8" to my MOTD, but Cheat mod still works, do I have to use a specific MOTD plugin?

19. Offline

Wakko

zombe's mod disables certain mods by looking at the motd
    §f §f §1 §0 §2 §4 disables flying
    §f §f §2 §0 §4 §8 disables cheating

20. Offline

GameSlayerGS

Thanks Wakko, I don't know what was up with the other people saying to use the "&" symbol, well it is what's listed in the read me for the mod pack, but it's incorrect, using that symbol works. Do you know if it changed somewhere, at some point, for some reason?

21. Offline

bocaj812

22. Offline

Microsoft22

23. Offline

lme999

On some servers I go on in 1.8 I used xray (I don't anymore) and they knew IMMEDIATLY i used it, any idea what plugin it is?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.