Anti Cheat plugin?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Sniei, Jan 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Sniei

asofold

Alright, it's all well and good. I'm going to test AntiCheat first in this case. Hopefully by next week you'll work out all the events :D I don't know why but it seems that AntiCheat either doesn't have a hack against modifying attack/defense or abilities or it already has compatibility with Guilds. Even the teleport arrow ability seems to work on AntiCheat since I played the class "Astralspawn" which has it and I have been teleporting all around the map without perms (normal user) and didn't even get a hacking message. Perhaps h31ix you should look into this? Becuase if you don't have compatibility with this plugin then that means you might have open doors for hackers modifying attack power and defenses, then again this might be server sided. Perhaps you have a detection system for other plugins causing events and in this case I would like to commend you on the brilliancy of this idea since you don't need to manually add all the events. This is something NoCheat+ could implement as well. Just a thought :D (idk if that is even possible so disregard this if its not ^^).

Going to my "prom" now. I live in Poland so its called differently here (that's why I used quotation marks). Take care guys!

2. "Detecting" other plugins events and not checking those can lead to opening the gates to severe abuse.

It really depends on what it is about. A simple switch is nice, because it is simple to use and relatively simple to implement.

Just to note two problems (that's why i prefer to pinpoint more, though i will try to bring in more generic stuff that does pinpoint, and can be more quickly adapted to an unknown plugin on the fly without too special developer knowledge):

1. Many fast block breaking kills are implemented using the BlockDamage event, setting the "instaBreak" property. This will lead to another BlockBreak event right after it, over which the plugin has no control (CraftBukkit does it). So this type of fast breaking has to be pinpointed in another way.

2. Imagine a ranged attack using a wand and clicking. The ability is activated for 5 seconds. Now obviously there should be some limit to how often the player can click, if you just don't check the damage events, because they are custom events fired by the skill-plugin, you will have sever abuse potential.

Anyway, enjoy whatever you are doing :) !

3. Offline

Gravity

Sniei I'm not sure entirely what you're trying to say, but if you have reproduction steps to accomplish a hack that is undetected by AntiCheat you should file a bug report so we can get it fixed. A lot of plugins implement our API to achieve compatibility, so I wouldn't base any assumptions off the fact that you can use a plugin.

4. Offline

Sniei

h31ix

Hey, to be honest I have no idea what I'm saying, its all assumption and no knowledge. I'm just trying to be helpful in the best way I know how which is... well educated guesses.

asofold

I understand what you're saying. Hmmm. Ok well I don't exactly understand what you are saying xD I understand that autodetection of a plugin event can cause abuse ^^ Btw did you get any word from AVOCARDO?

5. "Auto-detection" most likely expands to checking if the event is a native Bukkit event, and if it is a custom extension, not process it for cheating checks (or leave out some checks). This does it for many cases, but it does not guarantee compatibility for some common things like super picks, neither will it protect against abuse in a sufficient way for some cases. I don't know what AntiCheat is doing on that account. Could be you re confronted with a bug in NCP, because normal block placing should not be prevented using build 311.

Concerning Guilds, the conversation is at this stage:

Avocardo:
    My answer:
    I do offer some service, but i am not going to play cat and mice with other plugin devs, the "hackers" already have too much of my attention :p. Mainly superjump and insta break should be the problems, not sure about fighting stuff. If he does not use custom events, it might not be a problem for anti cheat plugins, but it might for anti-pvp zones, depending on implementation of Guilds.

Alright, the dev has given me the link. It seems the GitHub search feature does not like me (lesson: guess address directly with bukkitdev user and plugin name). Just to clarify that. Will consider adding those to cncp or as generic methods into NCP. Though providing compatibility with Guilds skills will not solve issues with block placing, unless i am mistaken (please keep to the ticket).

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2016
  6. Offline

Sniei

asofold

Well the issue only comes up when I gather a lot of violations so I'm guessing its some sort of punishment or code clog up or something along those lines. I will read logs daily and type ncp remove * now that I have that config configured in a way that removes most of the issues.

As to the showing hackers what you are doing (which is mostly why I'm writing here ^^) I would suggest removing those posts with removal reason "don't want hackers to see this" and ask Avocardo to remove his posts regarding this by way of PM. It would probably be best to talk about things you don't want to be public by private messaging the person anyway <3 Take care!

7. We are open source :). Well there is no punishment for long term gathering, but if you gather violations within a shorter period (depending on check seconds range up to two minutes for fastbreak), then it will prevent some things, but only for maximally that duration, there is no lockdown feature used other than kicking.

8. Offline

agentwolf44

About anticheat, it conflics with sentry, it gives tons of error messages when a guard attacks anything

9. Offline

Gravity

This thread is from January.
    Please report bugs by following my instructions on BukkitDev. I will look at incompatibilities because of plugins, but often it's an issue the plugin author has to fix.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.