Anti-Alt

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by TheExceed, Jan 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

TheExceed

I run a PvP server at the moment, we are having a problem with players who have insane alternate accounts.
    I do want to be fair though and allow use of alts for factions but to limit how many you can use.
    So I am looking for a plugin that can track IP and limit 2 things, how many players with the same IP can be on the server at one time & how many players can log into the server max.

E.g 5 players max on at one time, 10 players max to log into the server all with the same IP.
    I would like all messages to have the ability to be customized.
    Message when a player has reached their max - with permission node for staff only.
    Message when a player is denied to log in - with permissions for staff only.
    Custom Denied message.

Currently using essentials for /seen [name]/[ip] so this does not have to be incorporated.
    Maybe a scheduled check, that shows how many players have 1+ account on the server with the same ip - also with permissions

If this can be done or already has been done, please let me know ASAP.
    Appreciate the time you spent to read this.

-TheExceed

GrandmaJam likes this.
  2. Offline

Chucky109

How do you store your player data? If nobody did it for you before me, I can try to make it later

3. Offline

TheExceed

Default I guess? Not sure what you mean by that. That would be great.
    @Chucky109

4. Offline

BladeFireTurtle

The 0nly problem I see with such a plugin is that you'll still get people who can change their ips or use proxies to get around the limit. :(

5. Offline

Chucky109

@TheExceed do you have a mysql database? write me a private message to talk about some details :)

6. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@Chucky109 No need for PM. Keep everything on the thread

7. Offline

Tecno_Wizard

@BladeFireTurtle, that isn't really a common skill, it will work for the most part.

8. Offline

TheExceed

@timtower
    No offence bu that rule is quite ridiculous.

@BladeFireTurtle
    Yeah, the main feature I want to hold is the 5 limit per IP on at one time. You cannot easily proxy while already on the server without timing out.

@Chucky109
    As I cannot pm you, What information would you like? We do have a mysql databse.

9. Offline

@TheExceed Many people have complained about being scammed in there already. Quote from the rules page:

10. Offline

Chucky109

@TheExceed That's the information I needed :) Give me some time, I think tomorrow I can do it and will post the result here ;)

11. Offline

TheExceed

@timtower But it is their fault for not testing... LOL

12. Offline

Skionz

@TheExceed He said nothing about who's fault it was. The problem is that they complain.

timtower likes this.
  13. Offline

TheExceed

@Skionz Yes, they complained because they did not take appropriate action in order to protect themselves. Since they complained, Bukkit felt that they were obligated to protect them even though they are not.

14. Offline

@TheExceed Not everybody knows how to protect themselves. That is why we are doing that now.

15. Offline

Chucky109

So I think I am finished :)

DOWNLOAD
    Commands: /antialt reload
    Reloads the config file

Permissions: AntiAlt.reload
    for reloading

Introduction: Put the .jar into your plugins folder. Start your server and wait until it is loaded. Stop it, go to plugins/AntiAlt/config.yml and fill in your databaseconnection (hostname, port (default 3306), databasename, username, password).
    Then you can change the settings:

"OneTime" : Integer - How many players with the same IP can be on the server at the same time.
    "MaxGeneral": Integer - How many players with the same IP can be on the server in general (of all time - alts)
    "KickMessageOneTime": String - KickMessage for the first case
    "KickMessageMaxGeneral": String - KickMessage for the second case

Data is stored in tables AntiAlt (for "OneTime") and AntiAlt2 (for "MaxGeneral"). You don't need to create these tables, the plugin will do it for you :)

I hope that's what you wanted. If there are any errors or something else let me know - I will fix them ;)
    @TheExceed

Last edited: Jan 4, 2015
    GrandmaJam likes this.
  16. Offline

TheExceed

@timtower Well, I guess I shall put you to use. Can you tell me if there are problems with this download/plugin? :p

@Chucky109 Thank you, I appreciate you taking your time to do this for me!

17. Offline

@TheExceed Safe to use
    @Chucky109 You probably want to use less database calls in runtime on the main thread, it will lag, a lot.
    Use local variables instead of the database, you are just using it as short term storage.

18. Offline

Chucky109

@timtower You mean for the "OneTime" check? Mhm that's a good idea, but for the "MaxGeneral" I need the database I think, right?

I'm new to this all and thought Mysql is a good solution

19. Offline

@Chucky109 Even looping through the players would work for that.
    And what does that thing do? Not able to see it now.

20. Offline

TheExceed

@Chucky109 Let me know when you have editted it?

21. Offline

Chucky109

@TheExceed Doesn't look good atm. I have huge problems to fetch the IP's correctly :eek: But I will write here when I got it

Edit: Got my mistake. Download the new 1.0.1 HERE @TheExceed

Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
  22. Offline

TheExceed

@timtower Going to put you to good use again :D

23. Offline

@TheExceed If it is on dev.bukkit then it is safe

24. Offline

TheExceed

@timtower Well, if you are enforcing a rule where we cannot contact each other privately... then I will ask you every time to tell me whether it is safe or not.

25. Offline

nverdier

@TheExceed He said if it's on dev.bukkit.org then it's safe...

26. Offline

VG.Developments

You can limit the amount of members per factions in the cfg file, just letting you know.

27. Offline

flash1110

mc_myster likes this.
  28. Offline

TheExceed

@VG.Developments They can have multiple factions and cushion their main base... so that will not help

@flash1110 I do not see the capability to block a certain amount from being online. I want a difference, ex: 10 total accounts, and 5 on at one time.

29. Offline

Weird habbit, certainly only when PM's aren't allowed. Don't see the logic behind that.
    Every file on dev.bukkit.org is checked by Curse staff on the moment, it is safe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.