[Answered] Programming Plugins in Other Languages

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by _LB, Mar 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

_LB

The documentation wiki stated that Java did not have to be used, it was just the norm - and that made me curious, what other languages could I possibly make a plugin in? A DLL via C++, perhaps? Or was something else in mind when writing that in the docs?

If this is out of the question, just let me know. It has been poking my mind for a while and I just want some answers that I couldn't deduce from the wiki...especially the articles that say "there are many things wrong with this article" and such.

2. Offline

Plague

I am on this forum for a while and never seen a thread about succesfully doing it.
    I think you can use java native interface for C, but java is like C, so why not write it in java (and learn something new).

Plugins are about API anyway, not the language used.

3. Offline

Valrix

Java's not all that bad to learn either. Heck it only took me a week to nail my first plugin.

4. Offline

SamOnline

I made my first plugin (which change the PVP behavior to allow people to cooperate with a party system, and forgiving *miss* hit when enemies are around) and it was my first java experience, if you ever made anything in C# or C++ it's really easy to get around... (specially C# tho)

5. Offline

ddj

Agree with previous posters, with some experience you should nail it within a week.
    Java is really nice and easy to learn

6. Offline

_LB

I already know Java (and am learning more) but the limitations are just very annoying. But thanks, I will just use Java if no one has been successful at getting other languages to work.

7. Offline

Myers Carpenter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.