Animals aren't spawning [Fixed, not Solved]

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by hAvAAck, Apr 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

hAvAAck

[Fixed but not Solved]

Hi All,

Updated to craftbukkit 1.5 this morning and now I don't have any animal mobs spawning. I have spawn animals set to true and they were spawning fine on 1.4

I've adjusted the config to true, false then true, everything and reloaded the server maybe 5 times. I've traveled around my world for about 3 days in game.

What should I look at fixing so I get animals back?

Thanks!

2. Offline

Andre_9796

3. Offline

hAvAAck

1. What OS are you using (Brand and version - Ex. Windows XP SP3)? Win 7 64bit
    2. What architecture is the OS you are running (x64 or x86)? 64
    3. What version and architecture is your java install? (Type: java -version in command prompt.) 1.6.0_24

4. Are you running any wrappers? McMyAdmin, mcadmin, Hamachi, etc? just craftbukkit
    5. What build of CraftBukkit are you running? (do NOT say latest. Say the build number.) 733

Now that you've given us all the basics, now we get into the more advanced stuff. Note, if you haven't answered 1-5 yet, answering 6-10 will be almost pointless.

6. What command are you using to run your CraftBukkit server?
    @ECHO OFF
    SET BINDIR=%~dp0
    CD /D "%BINDIR%"
    "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Xincgc -Xmx1G -jar craftbukkit-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar
    PAUSE

7. What plugins are you running? default commands 2.5.5, superpowers, and I had Colorsheep 0.4 but it is uninstalled

8. What error are you getting (post your server.log file if possible)? none
    9. What have you tried already? deleted server properties, changed animal spawn to false, back to true, changed monster spawn to true, then to false
    10. Have you tried any of the things below? working on some of them now

removed all plugins, still no animals
    put the plugins back, still no animals
    spawned a new world (with plugins running) ANIMALS

so there's something wrong with my world?
    I deleted level.dat, level.dat_old and session.lock so it had to recreate them, still no animals

4. Offline

Andre_9796

Thats crazy but i think @TnT knows more then me :p

5. Offline

hAvAAck

Thanks for taking the time. Hopefully someone will know, I really do enjoy the animals lol

6. Offline

TnT

@hAvAAck
    Sorry, I don't know what to suggest. Does look to be a bug, but a hard one to point out. I've seen a noticeable lack of squids on my server as well. I'm going to dig into it deeper.

7. Offline

hAvAAck

Thanks for taking a look. Maybe I'll see if I can move the map to single player and get them to show back up..
    how odd!

what the heck! moved it to my single player folder off of the server box and it has animals. copied that back to the server and no animals
    arg!

8. Offline

TnT

When you have it on your CB server, you've tested with absolutely no plugins, correct?

9. Offline

hAvAAck

yes, twice
    but a new map with or without plugins has animals

I just threw the map on a vanilla server, no animals

10. Offline

TnT

Thanks, I was just making sure. If I find anything I'll let you know.

11. Offline

hAvAAck

okay so I installed a weather plugin and did a strike on a radius of 100.. for some reason that spawned some cows and now there are animals back where they should be
    no freaking idea how this was solved, so I'll mark it fixed but not solved. Hopefully that's the end of it.
    @TnT @andre_9796 thanks for your help!

12. Offline

TnT

Hmm, good to know. I'm still trying to find my squids.

13. Offline

Lodran

You might try using the /butcher command (not sure what plugin provides it), see how many it kills, and whether mobs start spawning again.

14. thats extremely weird. i'll ask players on my server if they've seen animals (on cb 733)

everyone on the server has said they see animals. thats really weird!

15. Offline

4am

I've got a friend with this problem as well, monsters will not spawn, but they spawn under vanilla.

On my server, all mobs will auto-spawn but I cannot get Essentials' /spawnmob to work; I hear sound effects and creepers will explode, but nothing ever appears. Thought it was isolated to Essentials but perhaps not.

16. I got this problem too :(.
    It occurs after upgrading from 709 to 733
    CB 733
    Plugins: ecocreature,mcmmo,movecraft,permissions,portalstick,worldedit,worldguard,weathergod

After reading hAvAAck's post, i downloaded AZP and did a /weather strike 100. Animals started to spawn again! :)

17. Offline

hAvAAck

how strange. I'm glad you used my "method" to fix it. I wonder what is causing it..

18. Offline

Gicon

any chance you can link the plugin you used? I've searched and have come up short finding the plugin with that syntax.

19. Offline

hAvAAck

20. Offline

Pencil

Hmm, I'm having the same problem too, but it seems like they spawn after a server restart, but are gone as soon as i type in /reload :S

21. Offline

jasperino

I've almost got the same problem. There are some animals spawning, but almost none. There are like 25 wolves in the area. Monsters DO spawn correctly

I've tried this. It kills something like 150 mobs :O (when I'm online on my own). After this, animals start spawning again, but after a few days, we're back at where we started: almost no animals. (except the wolves, I made them spawn with a plugin because people wanted their wolves back)

22. Offline

DerManuel

Same problem here!
    Butcher (worldedit plugin) solved it for a while (killed ~270 mobs and a lot of wolves :oops: )

23. Offline

hAvAAck

the /w strike 100 has kept animals on my server for a few days now.. never did the /butcher

24. Offline

Gicon

welp, the azp plugin didn't help my issue.. but I did narrow the problem down to essentials "spawn" portion of their plugin suite. as soon as I removed it, low adn behold.. monsters & animals again. :)

Hopefully that will be useful to someone else.

25. Offline

hAvAAck

Good to know. I don't have essentials though. You weren't spawning monsters either though?

26. Offline

Gicon

yeah, I was spawning monsters.. both with essentials /mobspawn and with creaturebox using spawners. ;)

and since it wasn't clarified.. /butcher is part of worldedit. :)

27. Offline

jasperino

I've also tried running the server in vanilla, so I don't think it's a plugin problem?

28. Offline

hAvAAck

exactly. the animal spawned on my map in single player, but didn't spawn on my map on a vanilla server, or my bukkit server
    something went haywire in the map files, I think. But I have no clue how those map files work, or where the flags are stored. We have to reset the flag *somehow*

29. Offline

jasperino

I've done 3 different tests a secc ago, and I maybe think it IS related to some plugin in a way.

• Test 1: Making a new world with all the plugins activated Result: no animals. After /butcher they were spawning again
    • Test 2: Making a new world without plugins (still on CB) Result: Animals were spawning
    • Test 3: Actually the same as the first one, making a new world with plugins activated. Result: There were animals spawning, but not as many as there should have spawned. (something like 3 squids and 1 cow, as far as I could see)
    Conclusion: even when I have my plugins deactivated in my current world, there aren't animals spawning, but when I make a new world without plugins, they are....?

30. Offline

RemizZ

Sorry I'm pushing this thread, but I still have that problem. Monsters spawn just fine, animals don't. To me it looks like the spawning routine does its job, counts +1 to the maximum mobs on the map and then just stops spawning, 'cause it's full. /butcher kills a lot of mobs, but there are none, so I'm assuming they are invisible or something.

Please fix this :( I really want my mobtrap to work again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.