an internal error occurred while attempting to perform this command

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by creeper charge, May 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

creeper charge

When I attempted to run the in-game command /gamemode 1 on my bukkit 1.9.4 server withe the plugins World Edit, Essentials, and Landlord I received a chat message saying "an internal erron occurred while attempting to perform this command". The server log said

[19:47:59] [Server thread/INFO]: FishEatPork issued server command: /gamemode 1
    [19:47:59] [Server thread/ERROR]: null
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'gamemode' in plugin Essentials v2.13.1
    at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:46) ~[craftbukkit-1.9.4.jar:git-Bukkit-23da8b0]
    at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:140) ~[craftbukkit-1.9.4.jar:git-Bukkit-23da8b0]
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_9_R2.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:624) ~[craftbukkit-1.9.4.jar:git-Bukkit-23da8b0]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_9_R2.PlayerConnection.handleCommand(PlayerConnection.java:1297) [craftbukkit-1.9.4.jar:git-Bukkit-23da8b0]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_9_R2.PlayerConnection.a(PlayerConnection.java:1157) [craftbukkit-1.9.4.jar:git-Bukkit-23da8b0]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_9_R2.PacketPlayInChat.a(SourceFile:37) [craftbukkit-1.9.4.jar:git-Bukkit-23da8b0]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_9_R2.PacketPlayInChat.a(SourceFile:9) [craftbukkit-1.9.4.jar:git-Bukkit-23da8b0]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_9_R2.PlayerConnectionUtils$1.run(SourceFile:13) [craftbukkit-1.9.4.jar:git-Bukkit-23da8b0]
    at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_66]
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_66]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_9_R2.SystemUtils.a(SourceFile:45) [craftbukkit-1.9.4.jar:git-Bukkit-23da8b0]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_9_R2.MinecraftServer.D(MinecraftServer.java:683) [craftbukkit-1.9.4.jar:git-Bukkit-23da8b0]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_9_R2.DedicatedServer.D(DedicatedServer.java:360) [craftbukkit-1.9.4.jar:git-Bukkit-23da8b0]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_9_R2.MinecraftServer.C(MinecraftServer.java:639) [craftbukkit-1.9.4.jar:git-Bukkit-23da8b0]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_9_R2.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:543) [craftbukkit-1.9.4.jar:git-Bukkit-23da8b0]
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_66]
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.earth2me.essentials.Essentials.onCommandEssentials(Essentials.java:389) ~[?:?]
    at com.earth2me.essentials.Essentials.onCommand(Essentials.java:380) ~[?:?]
    at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:44) ~[craftbukkit-1.9.4.jar:git-Bukkit-23da8b0]
    ... 15 more
    [19:49:34] [Server thread/INFO]: Stopping the server
    [19:49:34] [Server thread/INFO]: Stopping server

I believe it would be fixed by un-installing Essentials, but I am unwilling to do so.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2016
  2. Offline

I Al Istannen

@creeper charge
    Maybe updating essentials is enough? Are you using the 1.9 version?

3. Offline

creeper charge

I am unable to find a download for essentials 1.9 and the launcher has not alerted me that it was out of date. If you can I would like a link for essentials 1.9. Thank you.

4. Offline

I Al Istannen

@creeper charge
    As far as I know there is no offical Essentials for 1.9. There is a fork called "Essentials X" that I am aware of, but I don't know if there are more or if they will work "better". You could just try it out (AND read the page. There is some more information there)

5. Offline

ipodtouch0218

There are essentials "Snapshots" for 1.9. Check their Jenkins for "Essentials-2.x-SNAPSHOT.jar" and similar extensions. Works on my 1.9 server.

(Don't think I'm allowed to link their Jenkins, just search it on Google)

EDIT: As @I Al Istannen said, the Essentials version isn't official, there is none. There will probably be bugs, that's what a development build is for.

6. Offline

creeper charge

Thanks all of you! I have downloaded and installed Essentials X on my server and it is working great!;)[cake][cake]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.